What are you smoking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even most Swedes won't eat that. I have been told that as soon as anyone opens a tin of surströmning, everyone else in the apartment building knows. :ohmy: :LOL:
I didn't know people opened it indoors--I was told it was buried in the ground for three weeks and then opened in September outside and not to stand downwind...and it smells like baby poo...TMI. I think I'll pass. I had a hard enough time tasting lutefisk.

According to my friends, it is wicked. Come on, airlines banned it for being a possible explosive. And, from the description of the odor, no thanks, I'll pass. Not just because it has to be opened outdoors, but because you have to dig it up! My dog digs things up and they aren't something I'd eat--need I say more?

The stick burner is stoking up to temp. Applewood and oak. The butts got a good rub yesterday and an overnight in the fridge. Once they are on, the mop gets made using some of the rub, cider vinegar and cider. The sides are next in line, potato salad and Asian spicy cukes.

Ribs, fatties and country style will go on soon. Also smoking corn in the shuck. Tater salad baked beans and slaw will be on the side.

Just pulled the butts about 15 minutes ago. Got them wrapped and resting. The sides are ready to go. Just too early to eat!:( I also managed to get the main part for tomorrow nights dinner done. :) Spicy, pork meatballs for Bahn Mi sandwiches. Just got to stop sampling them or there won't be any for the sandwiches.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom