What are you smoking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were you thinking of smoked chicken sushi??

Nope, I was thinking maybe I could cook the chicken breast, then give it some smoke flavor in my smoker. Its freaking cold enough outside that I'm sure the chicken would be fine. However, I don't feel like doing that kind of work. Someday maybe I'll get a REAL smoker. Til then, I'll stick with my little cold smoker.

Nope, I was thinking maybe I could cook the chicken breast, then give it some smoke flavor in my smoker. Its freaking cold enough outside that I'm sure the chicken would be fine. However, I don't feel like doing that kind of work. Someday maybe I'll get a REAL smoker. Til then, I'll stick with my little cold smoker.

I have smoked successfully on both my gas grill and my Weber. But you have to be outside to do it.

I have smoked successfully on both my gas grill and my Weber. But you have to be outside to do it.

Andy, how do you do this? Just make a smoke package of chips in foil and turn the grill down low? I can't do it today, I'm off to work shortly, but tomorrow might be an option.

My gas grill has three burners that run front to back. I take the grill grate off one side and remove the deflector so the end burner is exposed. I have two bricks that I stand on edge on either side of the burner. They are a little higher than the burner and I lay the wood chip container across them over the burner.

Light the burner on high and get the chips smoking then place the meat on the other end of the grill, close the lid and adjust the heat to the temp you want.

I set my foil packet of chips right on the deflector above the flame, but same principle.
Now that we've finally got a foot of snow and temps in the twenties I feel like smoking something :chef: I need to replenish my supply of fatties and ABTs.

I set my foil packet of chips right on the deflector above the flame, but same principle.
Now that we've finally got a foot of snow and temps in the twenties I feel like smoking something :chef: I need to replenish my supply of fatties and ABTs.

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

Hmmm. I hadn't really considered doing smoking on the gas BBQ. I think I'm going to give that a go this week. Not today though. I only have an hour or so before I leave for work so it will have to wait til tomorrow at the earliest.

OK, I just pulled the most delectable salmon off the smoker! Madeleine and I are going NUTS. I completely understand why grizzlies will stand in freezing rivers to get at these amazing fishies.

I brined as usual (1/4c salt, 1/4c brown sugar, 4c water), then I used 2/3 alder chips and 2/3 maple. Two rounds of chips and we are done! AMAZING batch!

''Oh lord. I may need to retitle this one. ''
I though, this thread is going to be a legalise marijuana type thread. :)

I was about to post, that I am just smoking ordinary ciggies, until I realised you mean food.

Smoking nothing foodwise today, unless by accident. :)

I'm thinking about smoking some salmon in the stovetop smoker today. We have a bunch of romaine and I have a wonderful recipe for smoked salmon Caesar salad. I've been craving that for the last week or so and we have all the ingredients.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom