What brand of BBQ sauce do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i guess sometimes people do that, but I myself feel that youre skimping when you do that. Truly the best barbecue sauce was a barbecue sauce at this one little roadside shack there in Garland ,Tx. he made his sauce from doctoring up an already made food club barbecue sauce..he'd buy gallon jugs of this stuff then take it to his bbbq stand and do his magic...lol.....never could get the recipe tho. so i found stubbs and it was the closest thing.

I make my own with pureed onion, pureed garlic, ketchup, lemon juice, cider vinegar and what ever spices strike me at the moment - but always with cayenne and/or tabasco for some bite.

I browsed through the thread and I don't think I saw this one...our favorite by far is Trader Joe's Bold and Smoky Kansas City Style. It's not overly smoky, a tiny bit sweet, not vinegary, and thick and sticky (although I'm not sure if it's as thick as the pp prefers). By far it has become our favorite here. No HFCS, either. I actually prefer it over my homemade (which isn't much to write home about, anyway). I hope this prompts some to try it because it sounds like some of you would like it.

Last edited:
I don't know if Tom's is sold nationally. He is local with at least two joints. The sauce is carried off and on by Publix.

Craig

I have always used Maull's for cooking, but Sweet Baby Ray's is a good one too. When we really get into BBQ, I make my own sauce, which is sort of a Chinese style, with ginger in it.

Back
Top Bottom