What brand of BBQ sauce do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
the recipe thread for bbq sauces got me to thinking about store bought brands.

i most often use sweet baby ray's original sauce. i don't really like their honey bbq, and the sweet and spicy is just ok.

i also like kraft original, bullseye brand original is good. i really like hoboken eddies sauces, but they're a little on the pricey side for the little amount you get in the small, whiskey-like bottle.

a coworker has promised to get arthur brant sauces soon, so i'm looking forward to trying those.

and i just bought a bottle of kc masterpiece to try.

what are you favourite brands of store bought bbq sauces?

in Texas, we like it sweet. goes well with beef. I like Kraft Orig, thinned a bit with whatever beer is in my hand..

Stubb's Orig is Good also, and Texas Style.

My So. is born and raised from Kansas City.

Likes Gate's Orig., I buy it online in very reasonable 3 packs here..

Gates Bar B.Q. - List of Products

Note: Very Strange sauce to Me, Not sweet with some strange spices I can't figure out.

For Pork I use a sauce I make from an old book that is like Shrimp Cocktail Sauce..

one of my favorites that I could share, but not a Bottled Sauce.

Eric, Austin Tx.

I don't know any of the brands mentioned, I use Spur BBQ sauce. I don't think that's available to you guys either since Spur is a South African Steakhouse.

I like the extra hot KC Masterpiece and "Gail's", I think is only available on the West Coast. Lots more I like like Gates and Stubb's but don't buy often.

SBR here, too.
I used to buy Bullseye. I liked it better than Masterpiece. And I used to buy Open Pit and always jazz it up. SBR I found is a good sauce on its own or jazzed up, but it does border on almost too sweet. I usually keep their original, sweet vidalia onion & hickory and their sweet & spicy on hand. I stock up when it's on sale.

I'll make my own normally but I really like the Levi Roots sauces the Regae-Regae ones. Do you know Levi in the US? He was on Dragon's Den, got a few books out too.

I know the television show "Dragon's Den," but not the Regae-Regae brand of sauce.

Back
Top Bottom