What's a "fatty"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i made some this turkey day but made them a bit thinner ..
they go great on ritz ...

I've been thinking about this as well. The only draw backs of fatties, to me, is when they are done they are sort of an awkward size. They really are more of an appetizer than an entree to me. The last time I made them was on Halloween (along with some ABT's) and I sliced them as seen in the pics on my site and then I cut them in half to make them more like finger food. I think they would be better if done thinner and put on a cracker or crusty bread.

That being said, thinner means harder to stuff. But it means shorter cooking times. Aaahhhhh the beauty of the Q. There are a million and one ways to cook things. Now there are a million and two. Time to experiment some more!?!?!

to make them smaller .. yes .. less stuffing ..
i use the gallon bag trick then slice it in half before
filling and rolling .. they do not cook much faster though ..

to make them smaller .. yes .. less stuffing ..
i use the gallon bag trick then slice it in half before
filling and rolling .. they do not cook much faster though ..

Gotta try the gallon bag trick. Seems to ensure an even distribution of the sausage...

My favorite is the 'Pizza Fattie'. Pepperoni, cheese, crushed tomatos. Another idea is to make one with cheese and hashbrowns. Slice it like a meatloaf, wrap and freeze the pieces individually. Then you can heat them up and throw them on an english muffin for a quick breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom