What's cookin .......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
... this weekend. I am gonna smoke a packer brisket(14#), a corned beef brisket( pastrami ) a boston butt and two fatties. Might do a chicken if there is enough room on the smoker.:chef:

I might try smoking a tri tip instead of grilling as I normally do. It'll be a short smoke to med rare / med.
Tri tips were on sale this week so I picked up a couple of roasts.

i'll be smoking ribs, trout, and turkey legs this weekend, hopefully.

i've done turkey legs before. they came out fantastic! but my ribs have sucked so far.

this will be my first attempt with trout.

This is it when it was new. Got a couple years use on it now. This one is my son's. I have a Charbroil Offset similar to this but it has a slightly smaller cook chamber and with all the stuff I am doing I am gonna use my son's.

Attachments

• BBQ 1.jpg
    BBQ 1.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
I just tossed this on the WSM 20 minutes ago.

Attachments

• Q 8-21-11-1.JPG
    Q 8-21-11-1.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Q 8-21-11-2.JPG
    Q 8-21-11-2.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 194
It's a big hunk of Smith's Bologna. I think I have some other pics of one on here somewhere...
I scored it, slathered it with mustard and put some rub on it.
Sometimes I cube it and eat with crackers and sometimes I slice it and eat in sandwiches.

The results of my weekend Q.
I gotta say, I haven't straight smoked ribs on a BBQ in a long time. They were bite off the bone tender leaving a clean bone, and moist. No foil or crutches used. I surprised myself.

I ran a fatty over to my buddy next door and they enjoyed a slice while we BSed. He told his wife, then his BIL, as they were slicing into the fatty, "You won't like that"... I thought that was funny. I'll have to sneak him his own one of these days. They gave me some ribs that someone had given them, cooked with a grape jelly glaze. I ate them walking back home. They were pretty good. I'm not sure how they were cooked though, but they had a nice look to them. Like they were at least grilled or something. Gawd I love eating :) I "taste tested" an ABT and a slice of fatty myself before going over, then ate those grape ribs walking back home, then ate a couple of more ABTs and half a rack of ribs when I got home. Life is good.

Attachments

• Q 8-21-11-3.jpg
    Q 8-21-11-3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Q 8-21-11-4.jpg
    Q 8-21-11-4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 198
Great looking weekend Q, pacanis! I love your no foil ribs.
Do you use water in your WSM?

Well thank you, sir.
No, no water. It's filled with sand. No fuss, no muss... except for changing the foil covering the sand every now and then.
Yeah, I was really happy with the ribs. Especially not having smoked ribs in a while.

oh baby that looks great! nce job, pac.

i'm hoping to get my smoking in this weekend. got 2 racks, 8 sausages, a load of sweet banana peppers, and a bunch of trout ready.

thinking about picking up bologna.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom