48 hrs. Marinaded Tri-Tip O Yea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Started with this Tri-Tip used my tenderizing tool on both sides.

Tri-Tip and marinade in a zip-lock bag into the fridge for 48 hrs.

On the Grill Grates with the potatoes I put on an hour earlier @425* direct.

Pulled 20 minutes later 125* internal.

I think I nailed it!

Served with a romaine avocado salad that Jackie made. I put some of the steak juice on the
baked potato the whole meal was wonderful the marinade was a do it again and again!

Recipe:Marinated Tri-Tip
INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
INSTRUCTIONS:

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Pour the marinade into a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Add roast to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

OK, now I get it. You used the marinade from that recipe to grill it. Yep you got it perfectly cooked. I have a tri tip in the fridge as we speak and I'll start the marinade now and grill it tomorrow nite or Tues?

OK, now I get it. You used the marinade from that recipe to grill it. Yep you got it perfectly cooked. I have a tri tip in the fridge as we speak and I'll start the marinade now and grill it tomorrow nite or Tues?

Thanks Kayelle, enjoy your Tri-Tip when you grill it!

Ross

I've had my share of tough tri tips in the past and this device looks interesting. I've always been told never to pierce meat but heck with that. I can use something like this. Thanks Ross!

I've had my share of tough tri tips in the past and this device looks interesting. I've always been told never to pierce meat but heck with that. I can use something like this. Thanks Ross!

roadfix, the "no piercing" rule applies to cooked or cooking meats. It's OK to pierce raw meats before cooking. I have a similar tool I use on flank steak when I grill it or stuff and roll it.

roadfix, the "no piercing" rule applies to cooked or cooking meats. It's OK to pierce raw meats before cooking. I have a similar tool I use on flank steak when I grill it or stuff and roll it.

When Daddy had the meat market he'd run a flank steak once through the big meat tenderizer when requested. Those were the old days when a butcher was behind the counter, and actually served people. This tool will be the next best thing, and flank steaks are so flavorful.

Thanks! I definitely can use a device like this.

I've had this one for several years now (bought it at Cabela's in Sidney Nebraska the first time I went there, some 15 years ago). I use it on most cheaper beef cuts.

Jaccard%20Meat%20Tenderizer.jpg

I have a question about this tool. Is it safe to use this tenderizer for hot and fast type grilling? I'm concerned about surface bacteria on a near room temp steak being carried into the meat which is only cooked to rare or medium rare.

Last edited:
I have a question about this tool. Is it safe to use this tenderizer for hot and fast type grilling? I'm concerned about surface bacteria on a near room temp steak being carried into the meat which is only cooked to rare or medium rare.
Hey roadfix I'm 77 years old, I've been Grilling and Smoking past 60 years, it would not bother me but that's me!:cool:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom