Apricot Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
The pineapple slices are optional, but does add a nice sweet and sour taste.
Enjoy! Debbie

APRICOT PINEAPPLE GLAZED PORK CHOPS

img_609384_0_6a946f5926bebe5d51b7d036920d9dda.jpg

4 to 6 PORK CHOPS
2 tablespoon(s) BUTTER
3 tablespoon(s) ORANGE JUICE
1/2 teaspoon(s) GINGER
3/4 cup(s) APRICOT - PINEAPPLE PRESERVES
1/4 cup(s) YOSHIDA'S; Marinade And cooking Sauce.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SESAME OIL
PINEAPPLE RINGS; Optional.
_____

In a microwavable safe bowl or in a sauce pan, combine the butter, orange juice, ginger, preserves, Yoshida's and Sesame oil.
Heat mixture until butter is melted.
Brush pork chops with glaze and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Grill chops on BBQ brushing with remaining glaze occasionally.
Just before pork chops are done, grill pineapple slices until pineapple is heated through and pineapple slices have nice grill marks.
Serve pineapple slices on top of pork chops with additional sauce if desired.
_____

What am I drinking? Thought your post was "airport grazed pork cuts" which didn't sound too tasty. THis looks much better! Must be the cold medicine I'm taking.

Mine was very good, but yours is better. Last night, I pan-fried a couple of pork chops to perfection, and dressed them with an apricot-ginger glaze. They were great. But yours were obviously cooked on the grill, and that gives them obviously superior flavor.

For those who can't cook on a grill (don't have room, or equipment, or place to grill) for perfect pan-fried pork chops, follow this simple technique.

Lightly sprinkle kosher salt onto both sides of your pork chops. Stab holes all over the meat with a fork or meat tenderizer tool.

Heat a heavy cast-iron, or SS pan to the smoking point. Add a tbs. of cooking oil and completely coat the cooking surface. Place the chops into the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cover and set a timer for 6 minutes. Flip the chops, cover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes. REmove the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with any number of glazes, sauces, or condiments.

Tip, for a smokey flavor, rub some mesquite or hickory liquid smoke over the chops before stabbing in the holes.

Another flavor for the chops would be to rub Sherry wine into the meat before stabing.

Other great flavors would be to add sage, black pepper, or any other spice/herb that you like with pork. A classic is to place a dollop of applesauce onto the plated chops just before serving.

This produces a wonderfully juicy and tender bunch of pork chops. And they come out perfect every time, even if the meat is very lean. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mine was very good, but yours is better. Last night, I pan-fried a couple of pork chops to perfection, and dressed them with an apricot-ginger glaze. They were great. But yours were obviously cooked on the grill, and that gives them obviously superior flavor.

For those who can't cook on a grill (don't have room, or equipment, or place to grill) for perfect pan-fried pork chops, follow this simple technique.

Lightly sprinkle kosher salt onto both sides of your pork chops. Stab holes all over the meat with a fork or meat tenderizer tool.

Heat a heavy cast-iron, or SS pan to the smoking point. Add a tbs. of cooking oil and completely coat the cooking surface. Place the chops into the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cover and set a timer for 6 minutes. Flip the chops, cover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes. REmove the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with any number of glazes, sauces, or condiments.

Tip, for a smokey flavor, rub some mesquite or hickory liquid smoke over the chops before stabbing in the holes.

Another flavor for the chops would be to rub Sherry wine into the meat before stabing.

Other great flavors would be to add sage, black pepper, or any other spice/herb that you like with pork. A classic is to place a dollop of applesauce onto the plated chops just before serving.

This produces a wonderfully juicy and tender bunch of pork chops. And they come out perfect every time, even if the meat is very lean. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love pan fried pork chops with a good apricot glaze. Thanks for sharing your cooking tips with everyone. I have to agree with you on the sage, I love it with pork. Thanks! Enjoy! Debbie

Thanks Debbie and Goodweed and everyone else - I just copied and saved the recipes, hints and all from everyone. And yes, the plating looking really inviting - what was the sauce on the noodles?

Looks like a great recipe. I went looking for YOSHIDA'S; Marinade And cooking Sauce but my grocery store does not carry it what type of sauce is it so I can find an alternative.

Thanks.....

Back
Top Bottom