"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Apricot Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops

The pineapple slices are optional, but does add a nice sweet and sour taste.
Enjoy! Debbie

APRICOT PINEAPPLE GLAZED PORK CHOPS

4 to 6 PORK CHOPS
2 tablespoon(s) BUTTER
3 tablespoon(s) ORANGE JUICE
1/2 teaspoon(s) GINGER
3/4 cup(s) APRICOT - PINEAPPLE PRESERVES
1/4 cup(s) YOSHIDA'S; Marinade And cooking Sauce.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SESAME OIL
PINEAPPLE RINGS; Optional.
_____

In a microwavable safe bowl or in a sauce pan, combine the butter, orange juice, ginger, preserves, Yoshida's and Sesame oil.
Heat mixture until butter is melted.
Brush pork chops with glaze and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Grill chops on BBQ brushing with remaining glaze occasionally.
Just before pork chops are done, grill pineapple slices until pineapple is heated through and pineapple slices have nice grill marks.
Serve pineapple slices on top of pork chops with additional sauce if desired.
_____

Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Executive Chef

What am I drinking? Thought your post was "airport grazed pork cuts" which didn't sound too tasty. THis looks much better! Must be the cold medicine I'm taking.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
What am I drinking? Thought your post was "airport grazed pork cuts" which didn't sound too tasty. THis looks much better! Must be the cold medicine I'm taking.
LOL...I hope you feel better. Take care! Debbie
Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Looks great. I bet the glaze would be good with a ham steak too. thanks for the idea.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Looks great. I bet the glaze would be good with a ham steak too. thanks for the idea.
I bet it would be great with a ham steak. Thanks for the idea. Enjoy! Debbie
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
Head Chef

looks and sounds great!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
looks and sounds great!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy. Debbie
Old 05-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
Master Chef

Mine was very good, but yours is better. Last night, I pan-fried a couple of pork chops to perfection, and dressed them with an apricot-ginger glaze. They were great. But yours were obviously cooked on the grill, and that gives them obviously superior flavor.

For those who can't cook on a grill (don't have room, or equipment, or place to grill) for perfect pan-fried pork chops, follow this simple technique.

Lightly sprinkle kosher salt onto both sides of your pork chops. Stab holes all over the meat with a fork or meat tenderizer tool.

Heat a heavy cast-iron, or SS pan to the smoking point. Add a tbs. of cooking oil and completely coat the cooking surface. Place the chops into the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cover and set a timer for 6 minutes. Flip the chops, cover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes. REmove the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with any number of glazes, sauces, or condiments.

Tip, for a smokey flavor, rub some mesquite or hickory liquid smoke over the chops before stabbing in the holes.

Another flavor for the chops would be to rub Sherry wine into the meat before stabing.

Other great flavors would be to add sage, black pepper, or any other spice/herb that you like with pork. A classic is to place a dollop of applesauce onto the plated chops just before serving.

This produces a wonderfully juicy and tender bunch of pork chops. And they come out perfect every time, even if the meat is very lean. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Mine was very good, but yours is better. Last night, I pan-fried a couple of pork chops to perfection, and dressed them with an apricot-ginger glaze. They were great. But yours were obviously cooked on the grill, and that gives them obviously superior flavor.

For those who can't cook on a grill (don't have room, or equipment, or place to grill) for perfect pan-fried pork chops, follow this simple technique.

Lightly sprinkle kosher salt onto both sides of your pork chops. Stab holes all over the meat with a fork or meat tenderizer tool.

Heat a heavy cast-iron, or SS pan to the smoking point. Add a tbs. of cooking oil and completely coat the cooking surface. Place the chops into the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cover and set a timer for 6 minutes. Flip the chops, cover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes. REmove the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with any number of glazes, sauces, or condiments.

Tip, for a smokey flavor, rub some mesquite or hickory liquid smoke over the chops before stabbing in the holes.

Another flavor for the chops would be to rub Sherry wine into the meat before stabing.

Other great flavors would be to add sage, black pepper, or any other spice/herb that you like with pork. A classic is to place a dollop of applesauce onto the plated chops just before serving.

This produces a wonderfully juicy and tender bunch of pork chops. And they come out perfect every time, even if the meat is very lean. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
I love pan fried pork chops with a good apricot glaze. Thanks for sharing your cooking tips with everyone. I have to agree with you on the sage, I love it with pork. Thanks! Enjoy! Debbie
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Looks great, Debbie. What was the sauce on the noodles?