"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
Master Chef

About pork loin, season them the night before, and cook only till rare or medium rare, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to RDG
These are wonderful. Prepare some little spits with pork fillet, bacon and sausage, and insert between every piece of meat a slice of yellow pepper or a dried plum, alternative. Few minutes.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #13
Cook

I will have plenty of grill space. How long will it take to cook a pork loin? or pork tenderloins?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
Head Chef

A bit late on this one, but maybe the next time you'll want to try it... From Fine Cooking:

7-6-5 Pork Tenderloins

2 whole pork tenderoins... about 2 pounds

Brine the 2 tenderloins -- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup kosher salt and 1/2 cup sugar with 1 quart cool water until dissolved. Trim the tenderloins of excess fat and silverskin and submerge them in the brine; let stand about 45 minutes. Remove the pork from the brine, rinse thoroughly, and pat dry.
Season and grill -- Rub the brined tenderloins all over with the glaze (sweet chili glaze, rosemary orange glaze, curry apple glaze recipes can be found at http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/index.asp) and then season with the pepper. Or, season to taste with another flavoring of your choice.

Heat a gas grill, turning all the burners to high until the grill is fully heated, 10 to 15 minutes.

Put the pork on the hot grill grate. Close the lid and grill for 7 minutes. Turn the pork over, close the lid, and grill for another 6 minutes. Turn off the heat (keep the lid closed) and continue to cook the pork for another 5 minutes. At this point, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the thickest end of the tenderloin should read 145° to 150°F. (If not, close the lid and let the pork continue to roast in the residual grill heat.) Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving. Cut across the grain into 1/2-inch slices and serve immediately.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Question: We have access to a Webber charcoal grill. I would love to do rack of lamb.....but haven't a clue as to how....I would think if I just put a whole rack on, closed the top, it might burn on the outside and not cook to med. rare inside. Appreciate any help you can send me...thanks gang!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

ella, you are right on about it cooking unevenly. i have failed at my first attempt making a rack roast (it was a prime rib rack, larger, but is still the same idea) on the grill. it cooked exactly as you described, burned on the outside as the inside was still raw.

a few members suggested methods of indirect heat: i think i remember goodweed having a good suggestion with a pan under the meat, fire around the sides.

hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folks (goodweed, front and center! make a hole, make it wide for the man) will be able to fill you in on lower temp cooking on a charcoal grill.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella/TO
Question: We have access to a Webber charcoal grill. I would love to do rack of lamb.....but haven't a clue as to how....I would think if I just put a whole rack on, closed the top, it might burn on the outside and not cook to med. rare inside. Appreciate any help you can send me...thanks gang!
Ella, maybe these links will be helpful.

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/recipe/menu.aspx

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/recipe/...ry.aspx?c=lamb
Old 06-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Thank you buckytom and mish.....much appreciated!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella/TO
Thank you buckytom and mish.....much appreciated!
You are very welcome, Ella. What time is dinner?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Ribs Are Always Good, I Like The Grilled Salmon Or Shrimp Too