"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm hooked hope 2 will make this crew of mine happy! The kids should really get a kick out of this..Now, since i'm green at this..What do you serve with this wonderful chicken? Pasta,potatoes,rice? I'm planning a big tossed salad and of course a platter of fruit..Veggie? Any ideas welcome the old brain is on hold this morning Katie, love the peach and cinnamon idea so I'm thinking one of each so we can sample and pig out

kadesma

Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #32
Sous Chef

I served it with a roasted corn and black bean salad that I made up. It was soooo good. I brushed the corn with EVOO and a sprinkle of southwest seasoning and grilled before the chicken. Cut the corn off the cob and mixed with black beans, red pepper, red onion, a jalepeno and a serrano. I made a small amount of dressing with EVOO, cider vinegar, lime juice, a touch of S&P, Southwest seasoining and a little extra ancho and cumin. It was delicious. Even my DD, who is sensitive to spice loved it. I would of added tomatoes if I was not the only person in my family who eats them!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PytnPlace
I served it with a roasted corn and black bean salad that I made up. It was soooo good. I brushed the corn with EVOO and a sprinkle of southwest seasoning and grilled before the chicken. Cut the corn off the cob and mixed with black beans, red pepper, red onion, a jalepeno and a serrano. I made a small amount of dressing with EVOO, cider vinegar, lime juice, a touch of S&P, Southwest seasoining and a little extra ancho and cumin. It was delicious. Even my DD, who is sensitive to spice loved it. I would of added tomatoes if I was not the only person in my family who eats them!
Great idea pytn..that's something I know my family will like. Thank you for the help.
kadesma
Old 06-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #34
Sous Chef

You should try it. I keep thinking about it and craving more. My whole family loved it. I may make more today as it tasted great the next day as well. I could of added cilantro but I didn't have any. Parsley would work. I love making up salads to go with summer meals.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PytnPlace
You should try it. I keep thinking about it and craving more. My whole family loved it. I may make more today as it tasted great the next day as well. I could of added cilantro but I didn't have any. Parsley would work. I love making up salads to go with summer meals.
You got me I'm off to the store to get what I need for this salad..It looks so good..Thanks again.
kadesma
Old 06-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Here's how we do it Dancer.
<snip>
Another thing we like to do is to use a clean beer or soda can and fill it with white wine and tarragon, rub the chicken with olive oil and stuff finely minced garlic and tarragon under the skin and cook using the same method. Grill or oven.

Really, really tasty.
Katie, my DH and I made two chickens like this last night - we're having five guests this afternoon and wanted something light to eat before we go sailing this evening. They came out beautifully - what a great technique Put 'em in and don't think about 'em for an hour an a half. Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glad you liked it. Buck and I love preparing chicken this way. So easy and sooo delicious.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #38
Senior Cook

I bought holders for my beer can chicken at the LARGE BOX STORE, for about 4 bucks. Something I also learned to do is stick a potato (unpeeled, raw) in the neck cavity to keep the moisture in.
I usually have to make two, one with cajun rub and one with Head Country BBQ sauce.