"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 05-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Grilled peaches from last year. Butter and brown sugar in the seed/pit opening. Great with vanilla bean icecream!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
Head Chef

Beautiful, PM!

Grilled Peach/Nectarine Sundaes with Blackberry Preserves on Slices of Poundcake:

Grilled Peach/Nectarine Sundaes

Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Butter and brown sugar go together well!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paymaster
Grilled peaches from last year. Butter and brown sugar in the seed/pit opening. Great with vanilla bean icecream!
Ohhh. That looks so good, PM!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
It would be interesting to have an example of something that wasn't good cooked by grilling. Okay maybe ice cream or something that melts.

I've cooked almost every vegetable I like on the grill, to good results. Okay I admit I never thought of romaine lettuce. I think cabbage would be good. I've heard of baking kale.

I routinely cook almost any vegetable on the grill. I usually like the same vegetables raw, so raw + warm is good too. Some of them soften and they're good too: zucchini, cucumbers, mushrooms. Sometimes the vegetables need more cooking to be palatable: potatoes, yams.

@ Cerise, I like bok choy in salads (and of course in stir fries). Grilling them could only be good!
Baked Bean Kabobs. I want a picture of you putting the individual beans onto the skeweres, brushing them with sauce, and grilling them.

Ok, another no-no on the grill, hmmm, let me think, grilled okra.
Grilled Cucumber
Grilled celery
Grilled watermellon
Grilled summer hubbard squash slices

Just to name a few.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the Nrth

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North

Baked Bean Kabobs. I want a picture of you putting the individual beans onto the skeweres, brushing them with sauce, and grilling them.

Ok, another no-no on the grill, hmmm, let me think, grilled okra.
Grilled Cucumber
Grilled celery
Grilled watermellon
Grilled summer hubbard squash slices

Just to name a few.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the Nrth
Hmm, grilled squash sounds good to me, and someone earlier said grilled watermelon wasn't bad :)
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #37
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
It would be interesting to have an example of something that wasn't good cooked by grilling. Okay maybe ice cream or something that melts.

I've cooked almost every vegetable I like on the grill, to good results. Okay I admit I never thought of romaine lettuce. I think cabbage would be good. I've heard of baking kale.

I routinely cook almost any vegetable on the grill. I usually like the same vegetables raw, so raw + warm is good too. Some of them soften and they're good too: zucchini, cucumbers, mushrooms. Sometimes the vegetables need more cooking to be palatable: potatoes, yams.

@ Cerise, I like bok choy in salads (and of course in stir fries). Grilling them could only be good!
Everybody's talking @ me. I don't hear a word they're sayin'... LOL
Sorry, reminded me of a snobby SE site

Luv Bok choy in any shape or form. Another fave is steamed salmon & bok choy.

Never thought of a bok choy salad. Will put it on the list. Have a recipe to share?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #38
Master Chef

I like to take spaghetti squash, pierce it a lot, then grill whole until it is almost blackened on each side. Let cool, then do what you would anyway (seed, fork out the strands) and toss with a little olive oil and med type seasonings. Come to think of it, haven't done it in a few years.

I pierce and grill eggplant whole then peel and make baba ganhouch (seen too many spellings to bother to try!). Again, you practically blacken the skin.

When I grill pineapple, I just use a slight brushing of honey and use it as a side.

I was telling a vegan friend the various ways to make great dishes on the grill to add some ooomph to her cooking, and she loved it. Hope she went home and tried some of them.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
Head Chef

I just finished cooking and eating some kabobs on the grill (red pepper, cod, pineapple, red onion). Yum
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Right now I have wings, fries, and a cored apple with butter, brown sugar, and a little cinnamon on the grill. Yum!! I made home made sweet and sour sauce for my egg rolls at lunch so I'm going to use that on a couple of the wings. The rest are going to be buffalo style with my home made ranch. The bf doesn't know what he's missing ;)

Tags
grill