"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill
Old 03-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
Senior Cook
Wow, you guys get screwed on Buffalo prices. Here in Oregon, our local Fred Meyer gets it in 5 or 6 times a year...the ground is usually 1.99 a pound, and the tenderloins are usually only about 8 bucks/lb.

Buffalo does make a great burger though. If I may make a suggestion? Add a little sun dried tomato paste to it--really adds a whole other dimension to the burger. I saw some guy on a TV show do it once, tried it...worked really well.

But as far as it being the best burger ever? Ehhhh, I get the feeling many of you have never had an ostrich burger or an elk burger (though elk being so expensive, I feel almost guilty grinding it up for hamburger) :)

Poppinfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Location: Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my family lives.
Hook line and sinker, we had buffalo burgers over the weekend (in Virginia) and I thought it was excellent. I agree the $5+ a pound is a little hard to swallow, no pun intended.

Now I want to mix it with pork and make sausage and see how it goes.

Bryan Knox
What if the the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about?
bknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #13
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to 240brickman Send a message via Yahoo to 240brickman
Hi gang! sorry I haven't been around for so long....busy, busy, busy (which I suppose is better than "bored, bored, bored").

Poppinfresh, I have actually amended my buffalo burger recipe to include about a tablespoon of tomato paste (alas, I haven't tried the sundried variety yet). I helps hold the burgers together, in addition to adding wonderful flavor.

Now that Grilling Season is officially in full swing, I've been working on...well, just about everything. My current favorite thing (which is to say, I'm having it for dinner tonight) is my Grilled Mole Chicken, which I'll post shortly (in the appropriate thread of course).

It's good to be back...I miss you guys!

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work--Aristotle

240brickman is offline   Reply With Quote