Build a better burger: Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trying to find a good burger thread, which I did here:
discusscooking.com/forums/f36/better-burger-23355.html

So I tried to bump it to see if there were any new ideas, and it turns out I can't because the thread is over a year old. So I figured I'd make a new thread, and see what everyone does to spice up their burgers.:chef:

Edit: just noticed I put this in the grill section, if a MOD wanted to move it into the general outdoor forum I wouldn't oppose.

I've been doing Italian burgers on the grill this summer, a mix of hamburger and Italian sausage, parmesan, grated onion, oregano, garlic... top it with either pizza sauce or a reduced tomato sort of catsup but with Italian seasonings. I use provolone for a cheeseburger.

I normally use a dash of garlic powder, a dash of onion powder and a splash of Louisiana Hot Sauce for just a hint of heat (I prefer it over Tabasco), and sometimes a splash of BBQ sauce to my meat mixture. The BBQ sauce really gives it a sweet (but not too sweet) and smoky flavor before it even hits the grill! ;) This most likely isn't original, but it's darn good!

I usually mince some bacon in a food proccessor and add it to my ground beef. The fat renders into the meat w hile it cooks so they are so juicy, and get that smoky bacon flavour we all love.

Oh, yeah, bacon!!! Maybe between all of us pitching in ideas, we'll build the ultimate burger!!! LOL! :LOL:

I think everyone should make there favorite burger in the next few weeks and we will upload pictures

I usually mince some bacon in a food proccessor and add it to my ground beef. The fat renders into the meat w hile it cooks so they are so juicy, and get that smoky bacon flavour we all love.
hmm i've never added raw bacon to my meat before cooking...usually just 2 slabs on top after its done...i'll have to try this!

I love a big juicy hamburger topped with fresh mozzarella, a roasted red pepper and some mustard

or the Australian way, add sliced beetroot and fryd eggs.

my burgers contain, mince lean beef, chopped onion, garlic and a chilly
little ketchup, sweet soy sauce, salt and pepper
breadcrumbs (soaks up the juices in the burger so it don't dry out)

NO EGGS bacause that will make the burgers dry

For something different, I’ve been making Focaccia burgers on occasion. Focaccia bread, fresh ground chuck patty, a hint of garlic aioli, slices of mozzarella, fresh tomato, several big leaves of fresh basil, flake salt, fresh ground pepper, and a light drizzle of olive oil.....Another sometimes version, is just a cheeseburger made with Pepper Jack...Saturday will be my "All American" with Garlic/Cayenne Pepper infused dill slices....Can’t wait!!!

I was trying to find a good burger thread, which I did here:
discusscooking.com/forums/f36/better-burger-23355.html

So I tried to bump it to see if there were any new ideas, and it turns out I can't because the thread is over a year old. So I figured I'd make a new thread, and see what everyone does to spice up their burgers.:chef:

Edit: just noticed I put this in the grill section, if a MOD wanted to move it into the general outdoor forum I wouldn't oppose.

Firefighter, there is a little box that you check off that says "I know this is an old thread but I want to bump it anyway" Just for future reference. Would you like me to merge this thread with that one or to move it somewhere? Just let me know.

OK, I usually cheat and buy the premade sirloin burgers. They are pretty danged tasty. If I'm making my own I just use lean ground beef, toss in some bread crumbs and some parmesan cheese (kraft). I liberally season them with steak spice and grated garlic and onion. Make 'em BIG and put a thumbprint in the middle so they don't shrink too badly.

Mmmm. I think I know what I want for dinner now! We have garden fresh tomatoes and onions to top them off too!

I have to say that after many years of grilling my burgers......

I like them better on my panini press grill.

To my meat, I usually add Worchestershire powder, garlic powder,
McCormick Hamburger Seasoning and a bit of salt.

Don't feel bad, Alix... I have also discovered that pre-made burgers aren't
bad at all!

Does sound good for dinner, doesn't it?

Just an aside as I don't consider this the perfect burger (a quest that I am still on) but it's a pretty good meal and it goes over well with all types of folks.

Spices at Penzeys Spices Bratwurst Sausage Seasoning

Wisconsin Bratwurst spice blend! 1 Tbs to 1 lb of meat. Really tasty! No cheese needed (and I usually put cheese on everything, even breakfast cereal). Grill them, little brown mustard, yum!

My wife boils a few onions in beer in a sauce pan and then puts them on hers.

I prefer just ground beef. And add the topping of choice. To me any other way is just a "meatloaf" burger, not a hamburger.

Firefighter, there is a little box that you check off that says "I know this is an old thread but I want to bump it anyway" Just for future reference. Would you like me to merge this thread with that one or to move it somewhere? Just let me know.
Ah, feel free to merge it then! I did not see this box, I apologize.

I think we should just leave it now. This thread has has a ton of awesome replies and can stand on its own merit.

And don't worry about it! Its a new feature, lots of folks don't know about that yet. Good to see you back, I wondered where you were, haven't seen you posting for a bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom