Burner settings & grill locations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanaCook

Cook
New to cooking. First post here…

Tomorrow I want to try to produce Ann Burrell’s Asian Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin on a gas grill. In terms of burner settings and grill locations, how am I to interpret and execute the recipe phrase “Brown it on all sides then move it to a cooler part of the grill to cook it to desired doneness, about 10 to 12 minutes.”.

About the only thing I am sure of is that the meat will have been in the marinate for 36 hours and I need its internal temperature to hit 145 degrees on the grill before resting it for 3 minutes.

Thanks

Here's what I do with a three burner grill.

Light all three burners and heat the grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn off one end burner and brown the tenderloin over high heat over the other two. Then turn off the middle burner and move the meat to the side of the grill where the burners are off. Turn the remaining burner down so the internal temp in the grill is about 400º F. Close the lid and let it finish cooking via indirect heat.

New to cooking. First post here…

Tomorrow I want to try to produce Ann Burrell’s Asian Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin on a gas grill. In terms of burner settings and grill locations, how am I to interpret and execute the recipe phrase “Brown it on all sides then move it to a cooler part of the grill to cook it to desired doneness, about 10 to 12 minutes.”.

About the only thing I am sure of is that the meat will have been in the marinate for 36 hours and I need its internal temperature to hit 145 degrees on the grill before resting it for 3 minutes.

Thanks

:flowers:Welcome to DC.

Josie

Thanks for the grilling tips. Chef Burrells Asian recipe for pork tenderloins were delish!!! Her snap peas and spinach wasn't bad either.

Back
Top Bottom