Ever make pizza on your grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tupperware

Assistant Cook
img_529128_0_97dfd4ed7e05800d2e6f6b66be6ff6a6.jpg

Make your dough

Get the grill Hot

Oil it and put your dough on the grate

Give it 2-3 minutes

Put a little sauce on and add toppings

Close the cover again and give it 3- 5 minutes more

It will depend on how hot your grill is.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it yet, but it is on my list!

Making dough intimidates me, but it will be a fun New Year Resolution
to conquer, because I LOVE pizza!

Here's your picture.....

img_529146_0_97dfd4ed7e05800d2e6f6b66be6ff6a6.jpg

...Making dough intimidates me...

You really should not be intimidated. I used to be and decided to give it a try. It's not hard at all, especially if you have a stand mixer. But even if you don't, you should try it.

Worse thing that could happen is that you would have to throw out some flour, water and yeast.

pizza on the grill

Yes, I've been making pizza on the grill for years. It's a great party food. The grandkids love making it with their favorite toppings, and it's so fast. But before the pizzas on the grill, my kids used to make chappatis in the cast iron pan, back in the 70's. They would use fresh ground ww flour , a little salt and water. pat them out, cook them on one side and then, flip them over and add tomato sauce and cheese. So I guess they inadvertantly invented grilled India pizzas for themselves way back then.

I used to teach lots of grilling classes, and we did pizzas all the time, entirely on the grill. The secret is to keep them simple. too many toppings on one pizza usually equals a mess. :ermm:

We also faound that the thinner the crust, the more successful. The best ones, imho were almost cracker-thin.

Cracker thin!
Excellent! I love thin thin crust pizza!

OK, this is on the menu for this week.

Now, toppings.... salmon and what? :D

I've done it, tupperware, but I flipped it over after a couple of minutes on the first side. THEN I topped it and closed the lid again.

It's been 10 years since I've used a gas grill at home, so I make pizzas on a stone in the oven now. But the grilled ones were a fun novelty! I couldn't believe they came out so well, without sticking to the grate!

Lee

toppings

Cracker thin!
Excellent! I love thin thin crust pizza!

OK, this is on the menu for this week.

Now, toppings.... salmon and what? :D

My favorite is pesto, goat cheese, and roasted garlic and a few pieces of olive, but of course the grandchildren think that's gross so it's homemade tomato sauce and cheese, and slivered pepperoni.

My favorite is (in the summertime) sliced fresh tomatoes, slivered garlic, chopped fresh herbs -- then drizzled with very good evoo when it comes off the grill. No cheese! :ohmy:

I've done it several times, although it has always been with bought dough or a ready made crust like a Boboli. I have a Big Green Egg and pizza stone, and the smoke from the lump charcoal really adds a nice flavor.

I like to take the small Boboli crust and put them top side down on the grill to warm. Then I brush them with olive oil on both sides and put on my toppings and put them back on the grill until down. I do like to brown the top with a broiler though. I use this method on my gas grill.

Panzarotti is known as Calzone too. Calzone is larger and baked. Panzarotti can be baked also. It's basically a pizza folded over and crimped. It is then baked or fried.

Marko

Also tasty to grill some chicken breasts before hand, cube them, mix the cubes with some barbecue sauce (sweet baby rays would be my preference) and then put them on the pizza before grilling it.

Back
Top Bottom