Fresh Scottish Salmon Grilled on a Cedar Plank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Three peaces Scottish Salmon on a wine soaked buttered cedar plank seasoned with Dizzy Pig's Raging River Rub and Chipolte Rub.

On the Grill Grates @ 450* for ten minutes.

Looks perfectly grilled.

And it was perfectly grilled, served with baked potato and peas. Very tasty we had Jackie's nephew Jeff over for dinner last night.

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Hi Ross.

Well I like peas. I admit I only use them in things like pot pies/ casseroles or tuna pasta salad etc. Looks like a new way to serve an old veggie friend for me.

If you soak the cedar plank in wine, how come it doesn't ignite like when you add liquor to something and it flames? I tried to find a web answer and it says the grill time is not that long and the temp is not that high to cause burning. Well, true, salmon is not that long to cook, but the temp you chose doesn't match what I read. So maybe they are right?

The salmon looks good, as did your chicken the other day too.

Hi Ross.

Well I like peas. I admit I only use them in things like pot pies/ casseroles or tuna pasta salad etc. Looks like a new way to serve an old veggie friend for me.

If you soak the cedar plank in wine, how come it doesn't ignite like when you add liquor to something and it flames? I tried to find a web answer and it says the grill time is not that long and the temp is not that high to cause burning. Well, true, salmon is not that long to cook, but the temp you chose doesn't match what I read. So maybe they are right?

The salmon looks good, as did your chicken the other day too.
The alcohol is not that much in wine it well not eg night at that temp. But I know that I'm right I've grilled this to many Times:cool:
Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom