Grill-baked Banana and Pistachio Chimichanga
4 SHEETS #4 Filo dough (13" x 18")
2-3 TBL Sweet butter, melted
1/2 Banana, cut into slices
1-1/2 TBL Pistachios, salted and shelled
2 TSP Brown sugar
1/4 TSP Cinnamon
1. Place baking stone on grill and pre-heat to 375º. Turn off center burners and adjust the outside burners to maintain heat. Place a wire rack on top of baking stone.
2. Filo dough can be found in your grocer's freezer. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator. Remove as many sheets as needed; cover and return to package.
3. Lay out one sheet of filo dough, with the longer length running top to bottom, on a clean dry surface. Brush with melted butter. Lay second sheet on top of first and repeat process using all four sheets. Three inches from the bottom, place slices of banana in a line running parallel with bottom edge. Sprinkle nuts and brown sugar over banana. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over filo dough.
4. Carefully fold outside edges in over banana, filling all the way up, causing the width to now be about 6-7". Starting at the bottom, carefully roll up the chimichanga. Brush more butter on outside of chimichanga and place on a buttered baking sheet.
5. Place on wire rack and grill-bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until deep golden brown, carefully turning once with a spatula.
6. Remove from grill and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.