Grill-baked Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake, with La Réserva Tequila
1 LB Semi-sweet chocolate
1 LB Butter
6 OZ Water
2 OZ José Cuervo la Réserva de la Familia or cognac or favorite liqueur (Please note that regular tequila will not work in this recipe)
1 TBL Espresso powder (you may replace this and the water with brewed coffee)
1 C Sugar
1. Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler. Slowly stir in espresso powder, then set aside.
2. Beat eggs thoroughly. Mix sugar and eggs together, then stir in Tequila and water.
3. Slowly stir in chocolate mixture. Pour batter into an oiled 9-inch baking pan
4. Grill-bake indirectly at 335º for 1 hour in warm water bath. Halfway through cooking, rotate cake to insure even baking.
5. Allow to cool before serving. Serves 8.