Grilled New Potatoes With Lemon-Garlic Aioli and Chives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Grilled New Potatoes With Lemon-Garlic Aioli and Chives

Aioli — a garlic-spiked mayonnaise

Ingredients:

3 pounds small new potatoes (do not peel)
¾ cup mayonnaise
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (yellow part only)
½ teaspoon kosher salt (divided use)
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (divided use)
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives

Directions:

In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until just cooked through but not completely soft, 10 to 15 minutes depending on size. Test by piercing with a thin skewer: When the skewer meets some resistance but can slide all the way through, the potatoes are ready. Drain the potatoes immediately and set aside until cool enough to handle.

Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.

Preheat grill to high.

Cut potatoes in half, brush the cut sides with oil and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill the potatoes cut-side-down until golden brown and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Place the potatoes on a platter, drizzle with aioli, and sprinkled with the chives. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.

Must not lick computer screen......

This looks fab Raine! I've decided this week to cut back on sugar (sort of a personal experiment) and have gone gung-ho with veggies!

I wonder if I could use my egg-less mayo instead of regular mayo here? Thanks for posting this, Raine :)

The potatoes look yummy, Raine! I will try them soon.

IC, I hate to tell you this, but potatoes are full of sugar...or more precisely, starch that turns into sugar as your body processes it. Carrots are also sugary.

On the menu

Vegetarian friend coming for dinner tonight - think I'll put this on the menu.

When you post pictures, are you inserting a link to a website where you keep the pictures?

-Sandyj

Constance said:
The potatoes look yummy, Raine! I will try them soon.

IC, I hate to tell you this, but potatoes are full of sugar...or more precisely, starch that turns into sugar as your body processes it. Carrots are also sugary.

I think there's a big difference between cutting back on refined sugar and eating potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom