Grilled Peaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
6 peaches
12 cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
8 ounces heavy cream
4 ounces powdered sugar, plus 4 ounces, for dusting

Cut peaches in half and remove seed. Place clove in the center of each peach and sprinkle with mint and cinnamon. Melt butter and mix with honey, cinnamon and brown sugar. Brush each peach with butter mixture. Place peaches skin side down on grill and grill to heat through about 4 minutes. Whip cream and 4 ounces powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Place 2 halves of peach on plate and garnish with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream. Garnish plates with remaining 4 ounces of powdered sugar

This sounds great rainee - and I just got a bag of peaches off my cousin's tree :)

What temp do you recommend for my grill on this one?
Also, should it be indirect heat?

I'd say med-med high. Either way should be ok, direct or indirect.

Followup on the peaches:

I wanted grill marks on the top and bottom both, so I did not fill the cavities, however I did glaze them quite heavily on top and bottom. When they were done, I put them on a platter and filled each cavity with 4-5 big plump blueberries. Then I covered it with foil, while we ate our BBQ dinner. When dessert time came, the blueberries had heated and expanded a bit, which looked beautiful. I served them with regular whipped cream and they were spectacular!!!!
Next time, I'm thinking of filling them with fresh raspberries.

I do something similiar, I skewer the peaches on cinnamon sticks and brush with Jack, honey and butter:chef:

22.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom