Grilled Ribeye and New York Strip Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Two Steaks seasoned with Himalayan salt, Pepper, and Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks.

On the Grill Grates @425* 6 minutes a side direct.

My isn't that pretty! Grilled 6 minutes a side.

Served with baked potato with sour cream and green onions, romaine salade.

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Looks yummy. I prefer mine a little more rare and cook for about 4 minutes per side with the fire as hot as I can get it. I cook with the lid on. Any more than 8 minutes total, and the pink starts leaving the meat. Of course, the desired redness, or lack thereof is a matter of personal taste. It's all good.

I actually like the inside a little more red than pink. I also want the ribeye to be a rib steak, with the bone on, also called a club steak.

I love your pictures. Makes me want to fire up the grill.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Good looking meal Ross! I love grilling rib eyes, but prefer them rare, at no more than 3 min. per side.

By the way I was out of town when you arrived so let me welcome you to DC now. It's a great place to hang out. Are you in Ventura, Ca? I grew up there when it was just a little beach town, and now live live in the Heritage Valley (Santa Paula). Ventura County is a fabulous place to call home.

Last edited:
On our Canadian trip, we had some Alberta beef, which is grass fed, apparently. The rib eye steaks we had were great, and so were the filets.

BGEs are great, but I prefer the Weber charcoal grill for hot and fast over the Egg.

If I want grill at 900* I can on the LBGE.

Ross

Hope you replaced the original gasket with a high heat one. 900F for a dome temp is great for pizza, but, as Andy asked, what would you grill at that temp?:ohmy: Plus, I prefer that my steak not be cooked 6 minutes per side at what ever your grate temp was. Why no picture of the cut end?

Last edited:
Nothing like a good steak and baker, but I too prefer my steak on the rare to med rare side. Also, another thing I've never understood is why people buy good steaks and then cover up the flavor with heavy spice and herb mixtures. Just S and P for me please, maybe just a tiny sprinkle of garlic/onion powder. I've gotten to where I don't even use steak sauce anymore and only used Worcestershire when I did.

Nothing like a good steak and baker, but I too prefer my steak on the rare to med rare side. Also, another thing I've never understood is why people buy good steaks and then cover up the flavor with heavy spice and herb mixtures. Just S and P for me please, maybe just a tiny sprinkle of garlic/onion powder. I've gotten to where I don't even use steak sauce anymore and only used Worcestershire when I did.

I think that some people feel that they aren't using all of these cooking skillz that they think they have if they don't somehow modify the original product. I agree that there are some things for which anything more than salt and pepper does more harm than good.

When you properly grill a good steak, or even a quality thick cut pork chop, additional seasoning is unnecessary - and often undesirable.

Back
Top Bottom