Grilled Shrimp Scampi over Linguini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Grilled Shrimp Scampi over Linguini

Ingredients:
1 pound Shrimp
bamboo skewers
1 (9 ounce) carton fresh linguini
3 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Marinade:
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon EACH salt, black pepper & red pepper flakes

Directions:
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water. Peel and devein shrimp; leave tails on, if desired. Combine marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Add shrimp and turn bag to coat; set aside 20 to 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat charcoal 25 minutes until covered with a light layer of gray ash or heat gas grill on High 10 minutes with lid closed. Clean and oil grill grate well to prevent shrimp from sticking.
3. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 4-quart pot over High heat; cook pasta about 2 minutes. Drain well.
4. Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto skewers in a “horseshoe” fashion; pour marinade from shrimp into a large skillet and bring to a boil over Medium heat; reduce heat to Medium-Low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter and parsley. Add cooked pasta and turn in sauce to coat. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
5. Grill shrimp 4 inches above Medium-High heat (425 degrees F grill surface temperature). Cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side until opaque (white) in center. Do not overcook. Serve shrimp over pasta.

This looks delicious! And my 8 yr. old daughters favorite food right now is shrimp, she will love this! Now I just need to figure out the grill and we are on our way. :)

This sounds perfect for the dinner I'm making for the in-laws Saturday night... should I double the shrimp for five people??

Back
Top Bottom