1 pound Shrimp
1 (9 ounce) carton fresh linguini
3 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon EACH salt, black pepper & red pepper flakes
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water. Peel and devein shrimp; leave tails on, if desired. Combine marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Add shrimp and turn bag to coat; set aside 20 to 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat charcoal 25 minutes until covered with a light layer of gray ash or heat gas grill on High 10 minutes with lid closed. Clean and oil grill grate well to prevent shrimp from sticking.
3. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 4-quart pot over High heat; cook pasta about 2 minutes. Drain well.
4. Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto skewers in a “horseshoe” fashion; pour marinade from shrimp into a large skillet and bring to a boil over Medium heat; reduce heat to Medium-Low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter and parsley. Add cooked pasta and turn in sauce to coat. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
5. Grill shrimp 4 inches above Medium-High heat (425 degrees F grill surface temperature). Cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side until opaque (white) in center. Do not overcook. Serve shrimp over pasta.
I love shrimp scampi and this recipe looks healthier than other versions that I have seen. I really like the use of the red pepper flakes in this recipe. Nothing like a little red pepper for some zip to a recipe.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)