Grilling thick steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A great way to cook a steak is to let it speak to you, if you let your barbeque heat up to 350-400 degrees then get a nice sear on it. Dont flip the steak until the steak just comes off the grill like no problem. If you are having to put pressure then the steak is telling you its not ready yet. do this for both sides then just watch it while you but the box marks on it and it should be cooked perfectly medium rare to medium. A probe is a great way to make sure not to mess up the temperature, but remember to watch it too. Sometimes technology isnt the best thing to rely on.

A great way to cook a steak is to let it speak to you, if you let your barbeque heat up to 350-400 degrees then get a nice sear on it. Dont flip the steak until the steak just comes off the grill like no problem. If you are having to put pressure then the steak is telling you its not ready yet. do this for both sides then just watch it while you but the box marks on it and it should be cooked perfectly medium rare to medium. A probe is a great way to make sure not to mess up the temperature, but remember to watch it too. Sometimes technology isnt the best thing to rely on.

You pull that probe out before that steak has rested, you just ruined that steak. Learn to judge doneness by touch.

I have success with round steak making jerky. Other than that I can't think of any other use for it. Maybe stew, but I still think it would be awful chewy. It's way too lean.

Round steak run thru a meat cuber can be made into some good eats. We eat a fair amount of cubed steak here at home. Country or Chicken fried steak with gravy! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!:chef:

I misspoke. I was thinking about marinating and grilling a top round London broil and slicing against the grain to make it tender. I shouldn't have just tossed off my comment like that. Sorry.

I misspoke. I was thinking about marinating and grilling a top round London broil and slicing against the grain to make it tender. I shouldn't have just tossed off my comment like that. Sorry.

Don't apologize! You were correct. London broil, grilled rare/medium rare and sliced on the bias, across the grain is extremely tender and very tasty!
I marinate mine too! Its the RIGHT way to prepare it for the grill.

I absolutely love top round. But I rarely make it as my wife will only eat well done (ruined) beef.
Sometimes I wonder how we came to be! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom