Have you ever wondered how to Braai a chicken perfectly?
According to one of the worlds most famous chefs, Heston Blumenthal, it should be crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside.
In this post I shall share with you six essential steps of how to be able to cook chicken absolutely perfect. It is very simple and you will not believe how beautiful the end result is!
- Step 1: Make sure you have a Braai Webber with an extension.
- Step 2: Make a fire on both sides of the webber using charcoal tablets. Leave the coals for about 20 minutes. During this time you can prepare the chicken in the kitchen.
- Step 3: Pour canola/olive oil over the whole chicken and rub and smear the chicken with the salt and oil that you used. Make sure you cover the chicken completely.
- Step 4: Slice a lemon in half and stuff the chicken with it.
- Step 5: Use a oven plate and put the chicken on a little tower (you can buy such braai towers or you can simply use a 440ml beer can for this) so that the chicken should stand upright on the plate.
- Step 6:If the coals are ready you can put the chicken on the fire after you extended the webber. Now just put the lid on and leave for 1 hour and it will be ready.
I hope that this recipe will change your life in a way that you will want to make chicken this way all the time. Your guests will, and this is a fact, give you a compliment of how good the chicken is.