Injected Barbecued Turkey Or Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
If you want a moist and flavorful chicken or turkey next time you grill, then you need to try this injection mix and seasoning.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

INJECTED BARBECUED TURKEY OR CHICKEN

INJECTION MIX

1 cup(s) ORANGE JUICE; Or Sunny Delight.
1/2 cup(s) BROWN SUGAR; Packed.
1/4 cup(s) SOY SAUCE
1 cup(s) BARBECUE SAUCE; Sweet Baby Rays Hot/Spicy Is Great.
1/4 cup(s) BUTTER
1 tablespoon(s) WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 teaspoon(s) ONION POWDER
1 teaspoon(s) GARLIC POWDER
1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER; Fine Ground.
1/2 teaspoon(s) CAYENNE PEPPER; Or More.

BBQ SEASONING

2 tablespoon(s) SALT
2 tablespoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
4 tablespoon(s) SUGAR
2 tablespoon(s) CHILI POWDER
2 tablespoon(s) GROUND CUMIN
4 tablespoon(s) PAPRIKA

MEAT

1 TURKEY; Or Chicken, Whole.
_____

Put all marinade ingredients in a microwave proof container or sauce pan.
Heat in microwave until butter melts completely.
Mix together well, fill injector.
Make injections about 1" apart, repeating until entire turkey or chicken is injected with marinade.
Don't skimp, the more you inject it the more flavorful and juicy it will be.
After injecting, season outside of meat with the BBQ seasoning.
Place meat on the grill and cook until done.
Remove from grill, set aside and cover with foil for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
_____

I would also pay attention to the % of solution in the Turkey. If over 10% I would reduce the amount of salt being used.

Take care,

Brian

I was going to post a new thread, but since this is pretty much the subject, and not too old of a thread, I thought I'd just post here.

What I mean by that, is when I read this thread I thought... you know? I've always wondered about injecting meat. So I said to myself, I should try it!

Which brings me to my question... If I were to buy a whole chicken, say "fryer size" which, off the top of my head I can't think of how many pounds that is, but I always see them in the grocery store... what would be the cooking time? I just have you're good ol' cheapo charcoal grill.

If I bake it in the oven will it be as good?

I was going to post a new thread, but since this is pretty much the subject, and not too old of a thread, I thought I'd just post here.

What I mean by that, is when I read this thread I thought... you know? I've always wondered about injecting meat. So I said to myself, I should try it!

Which brings me to my question... If I were to buy a whole chicken, say "fryer size" which, off the top of my head I can't think of how many pounds that is, but I always see them in the grocery store... what would be the cooking time? I just have you're good ol' cheapo charcoal grill.

If I bake it in the oven will it be as good?

1 1/2 to 2 hours for a 4 to 5 pound chicken or until the internal meat temperature reaches 165 degrees. I have never made this in the oven but I bet it would be good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom