Looking for good marinades for shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my favorite marinade for shrimp. It is so easy and very tasty.

Ginger Glazed Shrimp Kabobs

1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 T. cooking oil
4 t. grated fresh ginger
1 1/4 lb. fresh large shrimp with tails

Mix all together in bowl. Marinate in sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Skewer and cook.

bucky, are the ones you find at the pet store dried? Or are they canned like the ones at the Asian store?

i've seen them both ways htc. most shops had the dried, but a few of the bird specialty places had them fresh. i guess they give them to their own birds. i keep mine refrigerated in a paper bag, like alot of other fresh veggies, because they will spoil. i wonder if it that's the right way to keep them, or should they be kept more like potatoes, or airtight.

I get the stuff that comes in a can from the Asian store. What I don't use, I just freeze in a ziplock bag. I honestly don't know how long sugarcane would last if fresh and left in the fridge.

FIVE SPICE SHRIMP MARINADE AND SAUCE
1 lb large shrimp

Marinade:
  • 4 Tbs sesame oil
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
Sauce:

• 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup hoi sin sauce
  • 2 tsp turbinado sugar
  • 1 Tbs chili garlic sauce
  • 2 tsp Chinese five spice
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
Marinate the shrimp in the sesame oil and lemon juice for 30 minutes to 1 hour. While the shrimp is marinating, combine the remaining ingredients into a sauce and heat in a pan for 10 minutes over medium heat. Skewer the shrimp with vegetables and/or fruits of your choice, and grill them, using the sauce for basting/dipping.

Back
Top Bottom