"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessplayer View Post
Thank you!!! Great instructions and pictures, and the steak looks just perfect. Inspires me to try this method. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I agree. I've recently gotten more into buying whole ribeye and NY strip, so I can cut them into 2-inch steaks. Having the thicker size makes it much easier to control the internal temp, plus have you ever tried getting a thermometer to sit nicely in a wimpy little 3/4" cut? Each steak is 2-3 servings (for me anyway).
Me too. I buy most of our steals at Costco and they tend to cut them fairly thick so it's more than either of us needs for a meal. Last week I bought a tray of three 2"+ ribeye and we're going to share one sliced s you mentioned. If it comes out as nice as yours, I'll be happy.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I agree. I've recently gotten more into buying whole ribeye and NY strip, so I can cut them into 2-inch steaks. Having the thicker size makes it much easier to control the internal temp, plus have you ever tried getting a thermometer to sit nicely in a wimpy little 3/4" cut? Each steak is 2-3 servings (for me anyway).
Well, I took maybe just over a third of the steak and couldn't eat it all so it made 2 meals for me. The rest made 2 meals for Craig, although he was a little and finished it off much later that night, at least the steak part. He left the rest of leftover sides for me to add to my leftover steak, so it made me a very nice brunch for my workday meal break.

I can't say enough about how good this steak was. I actually ate so much I got to the point where I just couldn't eat another bite. The whole meal came out really great but that steak was just wowza!