Ribs 'N' Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
1 Slab loin back ribs..
1 Recipe Southern Cornbread Dressing
Mustard
Your Favorite BBQ Rub...

Thinly coat ribs with mustard on both sides. Apply rub of your choice. Cover and refrigerate over night. Remove ribs 2 hours prior to cooking. Prepare cooker to 215*-225*. Form ribs into a circle and secure with toothpicks, butcher's twine etc. When the ribs reach 100* or so, fill with dressing and continue to cook until ribs are 185*

Fuel...6 lbs Lump charcoal
Seasoning woods...Pecan/Cherry

Oh, oh, oh, Uncle Bob! Now you've done it. That is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen!!! I can practically taste it. I was planning to make Panko breaded pork chops but now the thrill is gone. You are a wicked man.

Uncle Bob, that looks awesome! :)

What kind of cooker are you using? And do you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs before you start or do you leave it on?

Oh BOB!!!!

That is so beautiful and creative, it brings tears to my eyes and saliva to my mouth. In fact, I'm feeling rather WATERY right now! ;)

Lovely, just lovely!

Lee

WOW-WEE! How kewl & clever is that!!! Almost too pretty to eat, Uncle Bob. You've managed to outdo your shrimp dish. Will you cater my next party? Beautiful!

That’s pretty neat. A reverse Crown “Mini” Rib Roast of sorts. Did you ever consider taking the more traditional approach and turn the ribs bone side out and then tie? You probably wouldn’t want to French the bones though since loin ribs don’t have the actual loin attached like a regular crown roast would, thus you need to keep as much meat on there as possible.

That’s a pretty neat idea. How did you keep the stuffing from falling out the bottom? I don’t’ see a pan or anything, so did you just drop it into the cavity and let it hit the grill? Does it harden and set so that it doesn’t fall out when lifted or did you need a spatula?

Fisher's Mom said:
Oh, oh, oh, Uncle Bob! Now you've done it. That is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen!!! I can practically taste it. I was planning to make Panko breaded pork chops but now the thrill is gone. You are a wicked man

Thank you so much!! I can't remember the last time I was called a "Wicked Man":LOL:

Rock LaRue said:
What kind of cooker are you using? And do you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs before you start or do you leave it on?

It was cooked on a Klose cooker. I always remove the membrane.

QSis said:
Oh BOB!!!!

That is so beautiful and creative, it brings tears to my eyes and saliva to my mouth. In fact, I'm feeling rather WATERY right now! ;)

Lovely, just lovely!

Aw shucks Miss Lee, I didn't wanna make you cry. I wanted to make you shout Hallelujuah!!!!:LOL:

*Amy* said:
WOW-WEE! How kewl & clever is that!!! Almost too pretty to eat, Uncle Bob. You've managed to outdo your shrimp dish. Will you cater my next party? Beautiful

I sure will!!! "Have Money, Will Travel" Ah, where to??:ermm:

Last edited:
keltin said:
That’s a pretty neat idea. How did you keep the stuffing from falling out the bottom? I don’t’ see a pan or anything, so did you just drop it into the cavity and let it hit the grill? Does it harden and set so that it doesn’t fall out when lifted or did you need a spatula?

I got lucky and found a little oven safe dish that was a perfect fit for the bottom. It was only 1 1/2 inches deep, but just enough to serve the purpose. The ribs supported the remainder of the dressing. I did use a spatula to slide underneath when moving it around just to be safe!

I got lucky and found a little oven safe dish that was a perfect fit for the bottom. It was only 1 1/2 inches deep, but just enough to serve the purpose. The ribs supported the remainder of the dressing. I did use a spatula to slide underneath when moving it around just to be safe!

Excellent technique! Didn't even see that in the pics. Thanks for sharing!:cool:

You make the hot shot chefs on TV hang there head in shame a very well done job
lot's of atta boy's and congrats, and well wishses. and so well presented

Dave Hutchins said:
You make the hot shot chefs on TV hang there head in shame

:LOL: Thanks Dave!! They are surely not my "got to" source for information:ermm:

I did enjoy the project...Especially making the dressing so that it would "marry" well with the pork ribs.

Enjoy!

Oh, man..... I want one, or two, or three :pig:
What a FANTASTIC idea!

Only one word to say about that meal.......WOW!!! Now I know what I want for Christmas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom