"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 11-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
Cook

Southern Flavor Seasoned Grilled Chicken Thighs

Six Chicken thighs seasoned with Southern Flavor Garlic seasoning and Southern Flavor Charbroil seasoning then to the fridge for four hours to marinate.

On the LBGE @ 415*, this is the first time since last winter that I have needed to use my light that I got from Smokeware it gets dark @ 5:00 pm now. I love that light.

Ready to pull @ 20 minutes interior temp. 170* let it rest for 10 minutes

Served with saut'e Cabbage, This seasoning is wonderful on chicken

Southern Flavor

Ultra-Bright Grill Light | Smokeware Grilling Accessories

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Old 11-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Master Chef

Looks great Ross, and that's a very cool light you have there.

This time change makes me cranky! On the other hand, we can grill all year long here.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Looks great Ross, and that's a very cool light you have there.

This time change makes me cranky! On the other hand, we can grill all year long here.
Thanks Kayelle, you are o so right

Ross
Old 11-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Whats in the seasoning mix? I would like to know, as I make my own.
I have a couple big plastic bottles of seasoning mixes that have been given to me over the last two years.
I cannot say the titles of each one, as they are a four letter word that starts with "s".
I guess they are a gimmick, but do have the usual suspects included in the ingredients.
They sit in the pantry and i am going to throw them away today now that i think about them being there this long.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Nice idea with the light Ross. I know I had to start grilling the other day at 4 pm, just because it would be dark by 5. I'm more concerned about winter cold. I "thought" it would be cool one winter to store the Weber up against the house protected by a permanent awning. When I went to use it, I found the wheels were frozen to the ground so I couldn't move it away from the house. O well. Last winter I just carried my little smokey joe to the back steps and used that. Not totally efficient but it worked the few times I grilled. I think if I want a longer or more even cooking, I will just wheel the Weber out of the garage to the driveway. I can hang out in the garage and listen to music and stay warmer.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
Whats in the seasoning mix? I would like to know, as I make my own.
I have a couple big plastic bottles of seasoning mixes that have been given to me over the last two years.
I cannot say the titles of each one, as they are a four letter word that starts with "s".
I guess they are a gimmick, but do have the usual suspects included in the ingredients.
They sit in the pantry and i am going to throw them away today now that i think about them being there this long.
I do not what is in the seasoning you should ask Southern Flavor

Ross
Old 11-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Nice idea with the light Ross. I know I had to start grilling the other day at 4 pm, just because it would be dark by 5. I'm more concerned about winter cold. I "thought" it would be cool one winter to store the Weber up against the house protected by a permanent awning. When I went to use it, I found the wheels were frozen to the ground so I couldn't move it away from the house. O well. Last winter I just carried my little smokey joe to the back steps and used that. Not totally efficient but it worked the few times I grilled. I think if I want a longer or more even cooking, I will just wheel the Weber out of the garage to the driveway. I can hang out in the garage and listen to music and stay warmer.
Thanks Whiskadoodle I would hate to live where it gets real cold here in SoCal I can grill or smoke any time even in the rain.

Ross
Old 11-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #8
Master Chef

Looks good, Ross!

During the winter months I almost always do my patio grillin' by 3PM, but I eat dinner early anyway so it's not that much of a change.

Tags
chicken, grill, chicken thigh