St Louis Barbecued Pork Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C-Dub--come down and visit me when you are in town--I am about 2 hours south of STL! I am not very familiar with the city, but some STL specialities are gooey butter cake, brain sandwiches, fried ravioli and pork steaks. And STL pizza, thin and made with provel cheese instead of mozzarella. 'The Hill' is an Italian neighborhood with lots of good restaurants, and the Soulard Market is a foodie destination. Hope you have time to visit the Arch--it is pretty awe inspiring, and has a nice museum located underground, just below the structure.

I like pork steaks pan fried til just done, with salt and pepper. I warm up some hominy in the pan with the drippings for a side. My mom prefers them braised, so I do that sometimes, too. Last time I cooked them, I added onions, mushrooms, garlic and vermouth to the pan for the braise.

C-Dub--come down and visit me when you are in town--I am about 2 hours south of STL! I am not very familiar with the city, but some STL specialities are gooey butter cake, brain sandwiches, fried ravioli and pork steaks. And STL pizza, thin and made with provel cheese instead of mozzarella. 'The Hill' is an Italian neighborhood with lots of good restaurants, and the Soulard Market is a foodie destination. Hope you have time to visit the Arch--it is pretty awe inspiring, and has a nice museum located underground, just below the structure.

I like pork steaks pan fried til just done, with salt and pepper. I warm up some hominy in the pan with the drippings for a side. My mom prefers them braised, so I do that sometimes, too. Last time I cooked them, I added onions, mushrooms, garlic and vermouth to the pan for the braise.
I'd love to stop in, but I'll be working from about 7:30 a.m. until 8-9 p.m. If you were 2 hours North of STL, I'd stop in on my way to "The River" (a/k/a my uncle's in WI). I have to be there Friday evening, so will leave STL Thursday afternoon and drive as far into IA as I can get.

I have been to the museum and in the Arch (and the AB brewery, and other spots in STL, so don't have to do the touristy things). We are staying on Lindbergh Ave. S. not sure what part of town we are in. Where is the Soulard Market? I could find time for a foodie destination <g>. I think I'll pass on the brain sandwich, but might give the buttercake, ravioli, and pork steak a try (and STL ribs--that's top on my list).

Tried this for lunch over the weekend with gammon steaks. It was great! Thanks Pac :)
I'll be making it again for sure! With the right cut of pork this time.

I guess I'll have to look for the right kind of pork steaks. I've just copied and pasted the recipe, including the pix. Thanks Pac

Back
Top Bottom