Thighs on the weber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
Smoked these on the weber indirectly for about an hour to an hour and a half. Use cherry chips cuz i was out of cherry chunks. One of the pieces got a very good dark color to the skin. It was perfect though cuz i love crspy skin. i removed the skin and sprinkled with my comp rub and then seasoned both sides of the skin with the rub. place over a drip pan filled with water and went to town.

the first 20 minutes of the cook, the lid temp was 600. I know thats not bbq temps but i was in a hurry. the last 45 minutes were around 350 or so. Sauced two of them and left one un-sauced to show contrast.

img_903934_0_7134f545d5cb098c3818c7b7af69d942.jpg

I was killin' time and saw your thread. Could you explain the need to grill over foil. Some of the best chicken I've ever eaten was indirect cooking on the Weber.

I was killin' time and saw your thread. Could you explain the need to grill over foil. Some of the best chicken I've ever eaten was indirect cooking on the Weber.

Looks like the foil is on the floor of the grill to catch the melting fat.

I know, Andy, but when the fat hits the hot charcoal or grate, great things happen. I don't even soak wood any more. I just drop it in the center of the hot coals about ten minutes after I set the chicken on and cover. To each his own. His might tase better, I dunno.

I know, Andy, but when the fat hits the hot charcoal or grate, great things happen. I don't even soak wood any more. I just drop it in the center of the hot coals about ten minutes after I set the chicken on and cover. To each his own. His might tase better, I dunno.

Phil, the OP stated he was cooking with indirect heat.

I think the foil might be over his drip pan that was filled with water. That way he can discard the foil and keep the drip pan clean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom