Turkey Bacon Wrapped ___?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepfryerdan

Senior Cook
Has anyone used turkey bacon to wrap up some grill-able goodies? I was thinking, for a little more healthy experience, grilling some turkey bacon-wrapped chicken. Any ideas on how to make this exceptional?

You'd be missing the fat in the bacon that bastes the meat as it cooks. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't dry out.

I just got back from the store, where I saw some turkey bacon.
I almost bought some just to see... almost...

We served a dinner tonight for a group of 20. They requested bacon wrapped chicken breasts. We slightly par baked the bacon, wrapped 2 slices around the skinless, boneless chicken breasts then baked them in a convection oven approx. 12 minutes. The reduced some white wine & added some honey butter & squezed fresh orange into it & basted the chicken with it then finished it off in the oven. Good reviews from everyone. Nice presentation.

I did it last night with some chicken and they actually turned out really well. The chicken breast was marinaded in italian dressing, honey, and garlic powder. I then wrapped the cut chicken breast, some green peppers, and onions with the bacon and hit it with some olive oil and seasoning (celery salt, onion powder, and some cumin). When during grilling I put barbecue sauce on half of them (my wife doesn't like barbecue sauce). The end result was surprisingly light.

DSC_3299.jpg

DSC_3300.jpg

I did it last night with some chicken and they actually turned out really well. The chicken breast was marinaded in italian dressing, honey, and garlic powder. I then wrapped the cut chicken breast, some green peppers, and onions with the bacon and hit it with some olive oil and seasoning (celery salt, onion powder, and some cumin). When during grilling I put barbecue sauce on half of them (my wife doesn't like barbecue sauce). The end result was surprisingly light.

Wow Dan, those look seriously yummy! This is another recipe I'm trying!

At Christmas I wrapped dates in bacon and baked them but my SIL is Muslim so for him I used turkey bacon to wrap the dates. Turned out great. Should work just fine on the grill.

Back
Top Bottom