Why is grilling so much more fun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just grill marks. it wont get golden or anything. I'd say 3-4 min on the first side then mark the 2nd and they're done.

don't let them go too long, they get mushy fast....
see now I can't tell you a time..... I go by feel on that!

BTW, the corn was a little overdone the other day..... fire too hot and cook too drunk...
oops.
:)

I noticed everyone else's time is much less than mine, then last night I noticed that I pull the corn off or shut off their burners until the other stuff catches up. So don't listen to me if I give you a time. That would be like me saying that it takes an hour to make hard boiled eggs, but they are only on the heat for 25% of that :wacko:

It depends on how you cut them.........if I buy big squash I usually peel them (not necessary but I do it for looks........ then I slice them lengthwise without including the seed column...sorry, I don't happen to care for zucchini seeds....too dry........spray some EVOO on them and sprinkle with salt and pepper......rosemary goes great with them so sprinkle some of that on, too.......if you're using a hot grill.....I'd say no more than 5-7 minutes should be enough but do watch them......I do mine over some grilling foil that has holes in it so they don't fall thru or if you have some type of grilling pan...zucchini pairs up nicely with onions and cherry tomats, too, AND eggplant--buena suerte!!! :):):)

I forgot to add that some fresh basil would also go great on your grilled vegs, too.......dried will work, too, just rub it thru your fingers to release the oils over the babies........

Well, there they are.... I knew I should have cleaned the grill today. Flareups :angry: But they were alright. The texture was good. Surprisingly I ate them right up, even though they weren't breaded and fried :LOL:
The marinade was very lemony and seemed to have a bite to it when I tasted it, probably from what I thought (at the time) was too much Italian seasoning (no plain oregano) and too much salt, but grilled.... the zucchini was OK. Not much flavor other than a hint of marinade.... does zucchini have much of a flavor anyway? This needs worked on and I'll try it a few more times to see, but it aint no sweet corn :(

Attachments

• 9-2-08.jpg
    9-2-08.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 199
next time grill it with some onions, tomats, and garlic, and you'll get some flavor.......you eat zukes for the vitamins........corn tastes good no matter how you cook it....yours still looked nicely done........:)

Good job, Pacanis, they look great :) No, they're not the best-tasting thing out there, but they provide some variety and some vitamins, as expatgirl said. Another way I fix them when grilling is to use the side burner to saute sliced zucchini with diced roasted red peppers, garlic, herbs (anything I'm using on the meat I'm grilling), EVOO, S&P, maybe a splash of wine from my glass

10.gif

Thanks.
Tonight I'm going to try something a little different. I'm going to make up some of that teriyaki, honey and brown sugar wing glaze/marinade, score the zucchini (after cutting it lengthwise) and set it on the grill skin side down, so I can brush the glaze on while they cook. Then I'll flip them over towards the end to give the flesh some color. Most things I eat I would eat plain. These are a bit different. They need some pizzaz..... ;^)

Here's another reason:

This Saturday.....
We get to watch USC demolish Ohio St., 5pm PST. There will be plenty of grilled hot wings, bratwursts, and and other grilled items. Beer and wine too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom