"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #21
Senior Cook

Lightbulb Italian Chicken

My family and I just ate a great tasteing meal from the grill. There was Italian Chicken, boiled Red Potatos, and Tuscan Veggies. We have bought a container of Italian dressing and poured it over 4 large pieces of chicken in a ziplock bag and let it marinate over night. The chicken came off the grill wonderfully juicy and tender. I boiled the potatoes in some spices and butter after I chopped them up into cubes so that they could cook faster. The tuscan veggies consisted of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and string beans in an herb and butter sauce. Also there was bread and butter on the side. It was so delicious! So for today this is my favorite recipe from the grill.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka_20
My family and I just ate a great tasteing meal from the grill. There was Italian Chicken, boiled Red Potatos, and Tuscan Veggies. We have bought a container of Italian dressing and poured it over 4 large pieces of chicken in a ziplock bag and let it marinate over night. The chicken came off the grill wonderfully juicy and tender. I boiled the potatoes in some spices and butter after I chopped them up into cubes so that they could cook faster. The tuscan veggies consisted of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and string beans in an herb and butter sauce. Also there was bread and butter on the side. It was so delicious! So for today this is my favorite recipe from the grill.
It wasn't till last summer that I discovered how wonderful chicken breasts were when marinaded in Italian Dressing. Have you tried it with the Zesty Italian Dressing yet.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #23
Master Chef

I like all kinds of food cooked on the grill, but my favorite is a big, thick hamburger. I like that even better than steak. Slap a slice of Velveeta Lite on it, put burger on a toasted bun with mustard & sweet relish, and top with a slice of garden-fresh tomato.

In my book, you can't get much better than that...except maybe by adding fresh corn on the cob to the menu.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
I like all kinds of food cooked on the grill, but my favorite is a big, thick hamburger. I like that even better than steak. Slap a slice of Velveeta Lite on it, put burger on a toasted bun with mustard & sweet relish, and top with a slice of garden-fresh tomato.

In my book, you can't get much better than that...except maybe by adding fresh corn on the cob to the menu.
Take a large Portabello mushroom cap, drizzle EVOO over the gills, and grill it alongside you burger. Flip both at the same time. Place the shroom on your burger, and build everything else the same.

Can you tell that I love mushrooms and beef?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

since i use a real charcoal grill, i tend to want the flavor of the meat and smoke, so i often don't add anything but s&p, and maybe a little evoo.

not much beats grilled sweet onions, or grilled corn on the cob.

i do like to marinate portabella's in italian dressing, then grill them, melting blue or fontina on top just before serving.

some recent favourites, a departure from my norm are grilled skewers of teryaki marinated tilapia, pineapple, and red peppers.

another is grilled squid skewers, served on a bed of crisp lettuce, with sweet chilli sauce and fresh cilantro.

keeping with the fish theme: grilled (deveined but shell on) shrimp, dusted with a rub of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, a little brown sugar. s&p, and an array of dried herbs.

and another is my dirty pork chops: Buckytom's Dirty Pork Chops

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #26
Assistant Cook

I have two grill favorites -grilled shrimp and grilled fruit. SizzlininIn, your twist on Ina's Tequilla Lime Chicken sounds great. I just prepared that dish last week. Next time I prepare it, I certainly will try your additions.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #27
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

some recent favourites, a departure from my norm are grilled skewers of teryaki marinated tilapia, pineapple, and red peppers.
Grilled pineapple is a new-found thing for me! Can't decide which I like better: sprinkling brown sugar on it or sprinkling chili powder on it. So I make some of each. Maybe both on the same slices would be good, huh? Next time!

Lee
Old 04-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #28
Sous Chef

Hi Lee- I had it like that in Mexico and it was really good but, I still like it with just cinnamon and brown sugar.
Love and energy, Vicki
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #29
Head Chef

I grill ALOT in the summer, probably 3-4 nights per week. I have alot of favorites. I do an Indian style pork chop thats quite yummy. Last summer I got into ka-bobs and I made greek chicken souvlaki, chinese beef and brocolli ka-bobs and veggie ka-bobs, among others.
I would like to grill more fish too.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots
I grill ALOT in the summer, probably 3-4 nights per week. I have alot of favorites. I do an Indian style pork chop thats quite yummy. Last summer I got into ka-bobs and I made greek chicken souvlaki, chinese beef and brocolli ka-bobs and veggie ka-bobs, among others.
I would like to grill more fish too.
I haven't made kabobs for a long time now that I think of it. I think I'll have to marinate some meat and try that later in the week. Thanks for the reminder.