"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #41
Assistant Cook

I have a butcher-smokehouse meat shop in town and he makes the best brats and hot italian sausage. One of my favorites. Oh great now I'm hungry.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #42
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Beer can chicken, except, brine the bird in lime, cilantro, cumin, garlic and onion, salt and white pepper. Then, instead of a beer can, any ol can, filled with margarita mix, tequillia, redonion, and jalapeno. Then while cooking, take some good bar b q sauce, water it down with some pale ail, add chipoltle powder, strain, and put in a squirt bottle and mist through out the cooking process, rendering potato chip crisp skin, and a moist, juicy, cut with a spoon tender, bird.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
I like kabobs and grilled corn on the cobb,
also sausage and onions with bell peppers
Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #44
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Beer can chicken, except, brine the bird in lime, cilantro, cumin, garlic and onion, salt and white pepper. Then, instead of a beer can, any ol can, filled with margarita mix, tequillia, redonion, and jalapeno. Then while cooking, take some good bar b q sauce, water it down with some pale ail, add chipoltle powder, strain, and put in a squirt bottle and mist through out the cooking process, rendering potato chip crisp skin, and a moist, juicy, cut with a spoon tender, bird.
This sounds excellent. I seem to remember you talking about it awhile fairly recently. I will try this soon!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #45
Head Chef

It is SO hot here in Puerto Vallarta that even considering cooking anything inside on the stove is out of the question. The heat index today makes the temperature106 degrees. Sooo..I made a marinade of lime juice, olive oil, chopped garlic, Mexican "pollo" seasoning, a little bit of honey and some ground red chiles. I pounded (worked up a sweat!) some boneless skinless chicken breasts and will grill them on the gas grill very quickly after they have marinated for about an hour. I plan to serve that on a BIG bed of romaine lettuce with slices of ripe avocado, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and sweet red pepper. I've made a dressing that approximates a cool ranch dressing. I'll serve with buttered tortillas. My son and his family (who live and teach school in China) are visiting, so there wil be six of us. It is hard to come up with palatable meals when the weather is so warm...I'll serve some sliced mango, papaya and pineapple alongside. That might be all the 7 and 9 year-olds eat, but it is good for them! Has there been a thread on hot weather cooking? Probably - I just haven't searched enough...hope you all enjoy your Monday evening dinners. After, we are going to a movie with cooool air conditioning. Karen
Old 07-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #46
Sous Chef

MexicoKaren,
Can I come for dinner? That sounds wonderful!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #47
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Jimmy
pulled pork shoulder and dry memphis style ribs on the smoker for hours and hours! mmmmm
Dang, I think you stole my answer.. :)
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #48
Master Chef

Yummy! You guys/gals have some amazing favorites. Thanks for sharing as you've given me more ideas of things to try out.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #49
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren
It is SO hot here in Puerto Vallarta that even considering cooking anything inside on the stove is out of the question. The heat index today makes the temperature106 degrees. Sooo..I made a marinade of lime juice, olive oil, chopped garlic, Mexican "pollo" seasoning, a little bit of honey and some ground red chiles. I pounded (worked up a sweat!) some boneless skinless chicken breasts and will grill them on the gas grill very quickly after they have marinated for about an hour. I plan to serve that on a BIG bed of romaine lettuce with slices of ripe avocado, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and sweet red pepper. I've made a dressing that approximates a cool ranch dressing. I'll serve with buttered tortillas. My son and his family (who live and teach school in China) are visiting, so there wil be six of us. It is hard to come up with palatable meals when the weather is so warm...I'll serve some sliced mango, papaya and pineapple alongside. That might be all the 7 and 9 year-olds eat, but it is good for them! Has there been a thread on hot weather cooking? Probably - I just haven't searched enough...hope you all enjoy your Monday evening dinners. After, we are going to a movie with cooool air conditioning. Karen
Senora,
I hope you stay with us and continue share your experiences. I love Mexican food but I'm limited to what I've had in Southern California and Texas.

A lot of what I cook is a combination of Southern US combined with Chicano or Tex-Mex.

Clearly from your first few posts, you are comfortable with a variety of culinary styles. I look forward to your posts. Please be patient if I ask an occasional dumb question.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #50
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren
I wonder what we have here that would compare to that seasoning?

Do you have a fajiata recipe you would care to share? Or a marinated shirmp?