$20 Lodge DO at Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That’s an excellent price! It’s a 10” DO and it’s a Lodge! Outstanding! I’m using a 10” myself, and it’s cooked everything I’ve posted here with no problems. A 10” is good for cooking for about 4-6 people. It can easily handle 3-4 pounds of meat with veggies. The amount of stew or chili you can make in this will feed 4-6 people with left overs.

Unless you plan on cooking for 6 or more people regularly, this 10” should do just fine. It is a great investment, and a steal at that price! Plus you can buy a 12” later on if you find yourself using it a lot or cooking larger dishes. So far, the 10” has been enough for me, and I’ve not bumped into a recipe it couldn’t handle. Plus, it’s very fun to use, and it makes it really easy to make great meals with little fuss. It can spoil you! :D

Miss FM....

I am not a Amazon shopper. This is a "pre-owned" pot right??
No, it's new. And not a second or anything. I actually buy from Amazon all the time because they usually have a few loss leaders like this every week. I've gotten almost all my Calphalon cookware there one pan at a time.

Oh Ok! I just noticed it said...7 new & used from 19.95 A new 4 quart Logic @ 19.99 is a great price. If you need/want one, go for it.

Enjoy!

Yep, I noticed that. They have another one, a 5qt. Lodge without feet for $25 and another 5qt Lodge with the 2 integrated handles on the sides for $27. That's what I'll probably buy.

I'm sorry. My little guy just interrupted so I neglected to say thanks guys for your help. I love being able to ask trusted friends before I buy something I'm not knowledgeable about.

:)I love Amazon I buy from them all the time the free shipping is a plus I even bought an air conditioner on sale with free shipping a few years ago.I looked up your link and it does have six reviews on the Lodge pans great reviews check them out.I always go to Amazon to look up the reviews on products even if I dont buy from them , they give you a great sense on whats good and whats not.They are also really great about returns just watch buying refurbished products or used books no free shipping there.I have bought used cook books at a fraction of the cost of a new one which is a better deal then buying new even with free shipping.If Ibuy something that is less than $25.00 I can always find some thing else to hit the $25.00 mark.Again the reviews part is fantastic make sure you check them all they only show a few reviews on the product page but you can hit see all the reviews and get a great idea on what you are buying.I think they are as good or better than Consumer Reports and Amazons reviews are free.

You're right, JP. The reviews are the best. Much better than the descriptions of the items. I always write a review for the stuff I get, too. The free shipping is sometimes a deal in and of itself, like your A/C. Have you checked out the Friday sale? That's when they have so many of the loss leaders that are fantastic deals. I haven't had to return anything yet (knocks on wood) but everything has always arrived carefully packed and undamaged. What more can you want when shopping online?

I was looking at that 5-quart Dutch Oven as well, but paused when I read that it was a little over 10" in diameter (not a real problem there), but only 4" deep. Doesn't that sound rather shallow for a Dutch Oven? Sounds more like a deep skillet to me somehow.

I was looking at that 5-quart Dutch Oven as well, but paused when I read that it was a little over 10" in diameter (not a real problem there), but only 4" deep. Doesn't that sound rather shallow for a Dutch Oven? Sounds more like a deep skillet to me somehow.

At first glance, 4" does seem shallow. However, at 4 quarts, if it was deeper, it seems like it would be too narrow to accommodate a whole chicken or a pot roast.

I just had one of these ovens delivered from Amazon. It's a good value.
Making beef stew with it tonight.

go on ebay.... buy one used... they don't wear out...

You can get an old no-namer USA made for probably $10 if you look you can even find a pretty awesome vintage one for $40.... the old ones are better anyway.

go on ebay.... buy one used... they don't wear out...

You can get an old no-namer USA made for probably $10 if you look you can even find a pretty awesome vintage one for $40.... the old ones are better anyway.

I bought a new in the box Lodge 12" deep D/O last week on eBay for less than 1/2 price.

Back
Top Bottom