Camp Chef Dutch Oven Dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monteh

Assistant Cook
I am fairly new to dutch oven cooking. I have used charcoal and had a few dishes come out great. My wife gave me a Dutch Oven Dome so we could use the dutch Oven on our Camp Chef Expedition 3 burner stove.

Is anyone here using one of these. I have tried using one a couple times this summer with the flame tamer underneath and still haven't had much luck. I burnt the bottom of my dish both times. I tried to turn down the burner but how do you know if it is getting enough heat up top to get 350 inside the dutch oven.

Any help with ideas for using one of these would be appreciated.

thanks

Welcome to DC. :)

I haven't myself. But suggest you look at YouTube, as I've just checked to see this Dutch oven dome illustrated on video.

I took a look around on youtube before coming here and I see some commercials showing what you can do but they don't give any details on temp setting or anything like that. I was hoping to find some people on here who are actually using one and could give me some pointers.

I'd love to get using this more.

I got hold of a stove thermometer and with it inside a 12" DO with the dome sitting over DO and the DO on the flame tamer the inside temp of the DO is about 400 with the burner on low. This shouldn't be too bad. I tried to get the temp down lower but the stove kept blowing out. I good wondscreen in in my future. :)

Asuming you have yet to buy the Dome, why not consider building similar? I'm sure it could be done, and for much cheaper. When living out in Greece I made a fire pit-***-bbq from an old washing machine drum and it cooked blazingly good and I "domed" it using a hacked out old lid from a disused Webber. Not only was it windproof but also, any trapped heat really made short work of any difficult cheap cuts of meat. Also I used my homebrew for a smoker.

Have a think about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom