"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Campfire & Dutch Oven Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2015, 02:50 AM   #81
Assistant Cook

can you suggest me some all clad cookware for campfire?

RifatTabassam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #82
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifatTabassam View Post
can you suggest me some all clad cookware for campfire?
Welcome to DC. I don't think All-Clad makes campfire cooking equipment. The campfire equipment I'm familiar with is cast iron and reflector ovens.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #83
Senior Cook

I was going to suggest blue granite cookware and cast iron. Not all clad.
cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #84
Senior Cook

Hard to beat the realness of cooking on an open fire... 'tis the season, eh? Nothing better than fresh fish caught, cleaned and eaten... all in the same half day span.

Yes, I am Canuck!

RD
The Rugged Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #85
Assistant Cook

My favorite piece of equipment for campfires is a duck blind bistro oven. It is really versatile and there is nothing like fresh, hot biscuits at a campsite.
BrotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire

I really like my Klean Kanteen 40 oz stainless steel single walled water bottle. I can leave it in the fire and have boiling water any time.
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:27 AM   #87
Assistant Cook

This is an old thread but thought I would share my "experience" since I had asked this question a couple of months (or more) ago.

The consensus seems to be with the Weber series on the forum. I had looked at the Coleman Roadtrip LXE because I liked the portable stand. I also liked the 2 burners (20k btu) with interchangeable tops; grill, coils, griddle. I liked the 2 rows of burners on the Q200 but not the stand. Couldn't make up my mind so bought both to compare.

I had determined I was not going to cook in the camper unless it was a necessity so I wanted to do breakfast and dinner outside for sure. I wanted/needed flexibility.....so here's where I am;

The Weber cooks good. It has a 12k btu burner that cooks better than I thought it would. I did not buy the stand and used it "as is". I bought the Coleman with the included stand plus the coil grates (it included grill grates). It cooks good as well.

I have chosen the Coleman simply due to a couple of things. 20k BTU burners cook stuff (fried potatoes/boil water) much quicker than 12k BTU. Steaks turn out just as well. The versatility of the burners is a plus and the carrying case, which I don't have for the Q, is a real plus when traveling. Anyway, that's what I came up with. Don't get me wrong, the Q is an awesome grill; the Coleman just had some bling that I didn't seem to see in the Q. Cooking wise you can't go wrong with either.I also have the stainless Olympian, used 1 time in 4 years. Not that I can say its a good/bad grill but prefer cooking over the fire.Hope this helps someone in the future.Good Luck
I like to watch YouTube videos of a similar theme when I'm looking for information about the right product. I hope this helps someone in the future. Good luck!
Xenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #88
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenarc View Post
This is an old thread but thought I would share my "experience" since I had asked this question a couple of months (or more) ago.

The consensus seems to be with the Weber series on the forum. I had looked at the Coleman Roadtrip LXE because I liked the portable stand. I also liked the 2 burners (20k btu) with interchangeable tops; grill, coils, griddle. I liked the 2 rows of burners on the Q200 but not the stand. Couldn't make up my mind so bought both to compare.

I had determined I was not going to cook in the camper unless it was a necessity so I wanted to do breakfast and dinner outside for sure. I wanted/needed flexibility.....so here's where I am;

The Weber cooks good. It has a 12k btu burner that cooks better than I thought it would. I did not buy the stand and used it "as is". I bought the Coleman with the included stand plus the coil grates (it included grill grates). It cooks good as well.

I have chosen the Coleman simply due to a couple of things. 20k BTU burners cook stuff (fried potatoes/boil water) much quicker than 12k BTU. Steaks turn out just as well. The versatility of the burners is a plus and the carrying case, which I don't have for the Q, is a real plus when traveling. Anyway, that's what I came up with. Don't get me wrong, the Q is an awesome grill; the Coleman just had some bling that I didn't seem to see in the Q. Cooking wise you can't go wrong with either.I also have the stainless Olympian, used 1 time in 4 years. Not that I can say its a good/bad grill but prefer cooking over the fire.Hope this helps someone in the future.Good Luck
I like to watch YouTube videos of a similar theme when I'm looking for information about the right product. I hope this helps someone in the future. Good luck!
Welcome to DC! This thread is about equipment used to cook on an actual campfire. I would start a new thread in the "Outdoor Cooking" section, probably under "grills"
Old 06-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #89
Master Chef

Crumbs - campfire cooking has come on a bit since I was a Girl Guide (equivalent to a Girl Scout). We had to make a "billy can" from an old tin can. We made a hole at opposite sides of the top of the can to take a length of wire to carry it with and hang it from a tripod over the fire which we had to light with a maximum of 2 matches only, when I took my "First Class Guide" badge (circa 1966). In advance of this we had to lift the turf so we could lay the fire onto soil (to avoid setting fire to the entire field in very dry weather). Having done all that we had to cook a meal from scratch.

All this at a time when Russians and the US were putting men (and a woman) into space every five minutes. No wonder Americans think Brits are behind the times!
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #90
Assistant Cook

I know that this is an old thread but I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned clay cookware in/on a campfire. It's been used long before cast iron, placed directly into the fire. I use them all the time when I'm camping or have any type of fire going. Here in Texas we have a lot of Pecan trees and Pecan trees drop limbs constantly, before we cut the grass we have to pick up limbs and usually put them in a big pile to be burned later. These "burn piles" are handy for throwing some clay pots near the edge and cooking dinner while we do the burn. A burn pile is also a very good place to fire any new clay pots that we've made recently (we are lucky to have some decent clay soil in spots). Which is another good reason why we use clay pots, you'll never run out of pots as long as you have some clay and a place to fire them, think SHTF scenario.

new old timer

new old timer is online now   Reply With Quote