Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfgar4

Senior Cook
Last night I baked my first bread pudding as the dessert for our Dutch Oven Monday meal. It's a recipe that we converted from a slow cooker recipe we got from The Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes 2007 magazine.

The recipe that I'm posting is exactly the same as the recipe from the slow cooker recipe, except for the cooking time. In a 10" dutch oven, the bread pudding baked for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. The original slow cooker recipe makes the bread pudding in 3 hours on a low setting. Other than that, everything else is the same.

This is a nice recipe that resulted in a light and flavorful bread pudding. The nice thing about it, is that it would be a wonderful breakfast recipe as well.

Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding

10” dutch oven

Ingredients

8 cups cubed day-old unfrosted cinnamon rolls
4 eggs
2 cups milk
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup raisins

Directions

Place cubed cinnamon rolls in 10” dutch oven. In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla and nutmeg; beat until smooth. Stir in raisins. Pour over cinnamon rolls; stir gently. Cover the 10” dutch oven and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 40 – 60 minutes. Use 7 coals on the bottom and 14 coals on top.

Yield: 6 servings

Attachments

• Cinnamon Bread Pudding1.JPG
    Cinnamon Bread Pudding1.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Cinnamon Bread Pudding2.JPG
    Cinnamon Bread Pudding2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 241

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom