Dutch Oven Chocolate Forrest Crisp - REC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
Dutch Oven Chocolate Forest Crisp

The chocolate chips melt to make a creamy chocolate layer in the center. It's to die for! And what makes it even better; you will not dirty a single dish in preparing this dessert. I have made this in a 13x9 pan also.
Enjoy! Debbie

DUTCH OVEN CHOCOLATE FOREST CRISP

img_571631_0_afe6f29e4aeee0971fb14323ec9eb6ac.jpg

1 can(s) (21 ounce) CHERRY PIE FILLING
1 can(s) (8 ounce) CRUSHED PINEAPPLE; Undrained.
1 cup(s) CHOCOLATE CHIPS
3/4 cup(s) COCONUT
1 box(es) (18.25 ounce) CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
1/2 cup(s) BUTTER
VANILLA ICE CREAM; Or Cool Whip.
_____

Line a 12" Dutch oven with heavy duty foil if desired.
Lightly spray foil with some no-stick cooking spray.
Spread cherry pie filling on bottom of Dutch oven followed by the undrained crushed pineapple, chocolate chips and coconut.
Sprinkle the cake mix over top and dot butter evenly with butter (Don't forget the edges) using teaspoon size amount.
Bake at 350 degrees (16 coals on top and 8 on the bottom) for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake is done and cherries are bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream or cool whip if desired.
_____

Last edited:
That's too bad that your wife doesn't like cherries, because chocolate and cherries is a classic combination.

I've never tried substituting other fruit for cherries. I wonder if maybe something like red raspberries might work? I think they have a similar flavor to cherries, and you'd get some of the red color too.

Debbie,

Does this actually come out crisp, kind of like a brownie type cake? I have a similar recipe called Black Forest Torte with Cherry Brandy, and that one turns out like a cake.

I'd love to have a dessert like this that had a little crispiness to it.

Looks great. Will definitely try this one! :-p

That's too bad that your wife doesn't like cherries, because chocolate and cherries is a classic combination.

Your telling me. She also doesn't like seafood. It's tough those are my favorite. I will try the red rasberries, that sounds like it would be the closest. Or I might just make it with cherries, by the time me and my two kids get to it there probably won't be much left anyways.;)

Debbie,

Does this actually come out crisp, kind of like a brownie type cake? I have a similar recipe called Black Forest Torte with Cherry Brandy, and that one turns out like a cake.

I'd love to have a dessert like this that had a little crispiness to it.

Looks great. Will definitely try this one! :-p

Its not real cake like but its not real crisp either. Kind of in between.

Golfgar4, not sure what else you could use.

Apricots (in syrup or minced dried with applejuice) would make a good sub but I would enjoy Scotch's suggestion as well.

Ohhhhhhhhh...I am So going to make that !!!!!!! it's full of all the things i like best in the world!

thank you for posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you !!!!!!!!

I HAVE to ask. Could you make this also in the oven? I would try to do it but if it turns out not baked what would I do then? Really sounds delicious.

Thanks again for sharing w/us. Your pictures always help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom