Dutch Oven Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
Over here we call it "Potjie Kos" which translate into "Little pot food" and it is just as popular as barbequing. Companies often have events like "potjiekos" competitions here for promotions etc and we have a yearly camping weekend with a "potjiekos" competition for all our friends. Even though there's a "dutch oven thread" it doesn't really come up that often in regular posts(or not that I've seen) Is it something you guys do quite often or not? We're doing one for Sunday lunch today but with a Thai twist.

Attachments

• 00001.jpg
    00001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 201
At my old house I had a beaitful fire place and never got around to buying a dutch oven for those cold days when the fire would be going.

I would love to have one but now I dont really have a place to use it or store it.

looks good though

mmm, watchya got in the pot, Tanya?

I should set up a little fire pit and cook with my DO outside. I've got the perfect place. It might be fun to get an all day stew or something similar going in it. Take a big ol mug, fill it up and drink/eat it outside on a crisp day.

Chicken drumsticks, onions, garlic, spices, baby corn, peas, coconut milk, coconut cream - not sure what else DH sneaked in there when I wasn't looking - this photo was actually taken indoors as it was raining yesterday. Almost everyone here has indoor barbeque rooms so there's no excuse not to barbeque/dutch oven all year round (we even have a "National Barbeque Day" over here) :chef:

Oooooo, that looks good! :chef:

I pretty much do my dutch oven cooking outside, all year long. I do try to avoid rainy and windy days, but sometimes it can't be helped. That just makes what you're cooking taste even better! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom