Great trick to reseason DO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing you mean a CI dutch oven. (Its early, no coffee on board yet) My dutch oven is a Visions one and it wouldn't stand that. LOL

Well that will not really reseason it. That will just burn off any old seasoning so that it is ready to be reseasoned. I am sure that is probably what you meant.

Well that will not really reseason it. That will just burn off any old seasoning so that it is ready to be reseasoned. I am sure that is probably what you meant.

Exactly.

If you greased it up in an effort to season it it would probably catch on fire.

My oven says not to use the clean function with the racks inside. It is suppose to be empty--so, I think I would read my oven manual before I did this.

My oven says not to use the clean function with the racks inside. It is suppose to be empty--so, I think I would read my oven manual before I did this.
The only thing that happens if you leave the racks in in that they will not be shinny anymore and will not slide as easily. If you don't care what the racks look like then it does no harm. I drop of oil on them will let them slide easily again.

^I have heard that as well, GB and as I bake, I do not want to have something that needs to come out of the oven and have trouble with my racks.

You wouldn't have any trouble. It just would not be as smooth as it is now. The racks still move easily and reliably, they just don't feel like they are on ball bearings.

If you have a high BTU gas grill, you can do the same thing without ruining the racks. I'm guessing that anything over 450 would burn out the old seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom