"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Campfire & Dutch Oven Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Hiker dogs TNT

When we take the kids to camp we take along the motor home but do a lot of the cooking outside or bring some along already to go in a thermos jug. This is one favorite of Ethans and Olivias the hiker dog served hot in split roll. I also bring chopped onions and mustard for the kids as theirs are cooked in cider ours in beer
Mix 1 tab. minced onion, 1-12 oz of beer 1-Tab Worcestershire, 1/4cup chili sauce 12 beef hot dogs quartered and 6 french rolls split. I often cook these at home freeze the reheat at campsite
kadesma

__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,631
I thought this thread was going to be about hiker dogs.....:D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hiker dog.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	10378  
__________________

__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about hiker dogs.....:D
With more pics like this one that would liven up the thread a lot Hiker dogs Yes!!!!
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
...
I also bring chopped onions and mustard for the kids as theirs are cooked in cider ours in beer
...
kadesma
My first thought was, "Why cider for the kids' dogs? Cider is stronger than beer."

Then I remembered you aren't in Canada
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
My first thought was, "Why cider for the kids' dogs? Cider is stronger than beer."

Then I remembered you aren't in Canada
It's sometimes cider and at times juice. They love it and here the beer is stronger Thank heavens
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
When we take the kids to camp we take along the motor home but do a lot of the cooking outside or bring some along already to go in a thermos jug. This is one favorite of Ethans and Olivias the hiker dog served hot in split roll. I also bring chopped onions and mustard for the kids as theirs are cooked in cider ours in beer
Mix 1 tab. minced onion, 1-12 oz of beer 1-Tab Worcestershire, 1/4cup chili sauce 12 beef hot dogs quartered and 6 french rolls split. I often cook these at home freeze the reheat at campsite
kadesma
A good omelette we like to do while camping: Scramble eggs in a air tight zip lock bag with some ham, Cheese & a touch of lemon(to prevent eggs from turning green) Freeze, then pack in a cooler of ice. Over the campfire boil some water & it's a boil in a bag omelette.
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.