"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Campfire & Dutch Oven Cooking

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
DQ, my friends are exactly the same. What is it with our generation of women? Did we burn our cookbooks with our bras back in the 70s? It amazes me how many people we know go out to dinner every single night, or eat frozen pizza or something they whipped up that is pretty inedible. I do think that alot of women our age decided that cooking had something to do with being oppressed as female stereotypes maybe...they have missed out on alot! Obviously, smart women COOK. Look at us!
Obviously we are smart enough to read, follow a recipe and save money by cooking at home. Lately, my kids have been disgusted with restaurant food (which happens once weekly) and they ask for home cooked meals...much safer, cleaner and cheaper.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfgar4 View Post
Did all of you dutch oven cooks suddenly decide to quit cooking? Geesh, I expected to come back to DC and find some great new recipes to try out.
Hey Gary, we're still Dutch oven cooking on a regular basis here at home, at monthly DOGs (Dutch oven gatherings), and doing demos. This past Saturday we did a cooking demo at our Boy Scout council's camporee, which had about 6500 attendees. It was a bit of a challenge with 25-30 mph winds that day, but we had a lot of interest. It's always fun getting people enthusiastic about this way of cooking.

To tell you the truth, I don't stop by DC that often. The few times I've posted on this forum, I haven't received much response, so I figured people here just aren't that interested in this form of outdoor cooking.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
To tell you the truth, I don't stop by DC that often. The few times I've posted on this forum, I haven't received much response, so I figured people here just aren't that interested in this form of outdoor cooking.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Dutchess,

This is the only forum that I visit here at DC. I suppose if I were a bit smarter I'd check out the other forums, because there's always something that you can learn.

But since I love to do DO cooking, I keep coming back here. I have a feeling that the people that do follow this forum are a rather small number in comparison to the entire DC population. I know I'd be here much more regularly if if weren't for the fact that we're traveling so much, and very often we don't have access to the internet for a number of days. And of course, I don't post if I haven't done any cooking.

I think another thing that we have to remember is that people may be checking out the posts that are made, but they just aren't responding unless there's a specific reason to respond. If they want to ask a question or make a comment about the topic of the post, then they will. But clearly, the vast majority of "views" are just that. Views with no response.

I guess I think that we need to continue to utilize this terrific resource, even if no one responds to our posts, or it might go away. That would be a sad loss.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
Cook

You make a good point, Garry. I'll try to make an effort to get back here more often and contribute.