"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Campfire & Dutch Oven Cooking

Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Thank you for the link and the info. Last night (before seeing your post), it occured to me that I was probably looking for a tool similar to ones that pizza restaurants use to remove deep dish pizzas from the oven. When I looked online for pizza restaurant supplies, I found several pan grippers. Showed them to my husband and his response was "you could probably do the same thing with a pair of channel locks or pliers. However, I better not finding any of my tools missing--so if you want some, you will need to make a trip to the hardware store".

He could have saved me a lot of time searching on the internet if he had listened to me when I first began talking to about wanting to get some extra items for the dutch oven.

Thank you again for the link and the info.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

thank you for the info.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Until you track down the pot lifter or the channel locks that you're looking for, maybe you could use strips of parchment cooking paper. Just cut 4 or 5 of them into long enough strips so that they will fit under your pan and up the side and over the top of the DO. Place them an equal distance apart. When you're ready to lift out the pan, grab the tails of the strips that are hanging over the edge of the DO and lift on all of them at once. You should be able to lift the pot/pan out fairly easily.