Originally Posted by Constance
While you're cutting sticks for the hot dogs, cut some more for marshmallows, and make S'mores.
I know this reply is late, but I wanted to add some great info for making S'mores. I have found THIS is the best method for making s'mores:
You need: tinfoil, marshmallow stick, Caramilk bar (personal preference, but you can use plain old chocolate), graham crackers, marshmallows.
1. Place a piece of tinfoil, shiny side up, on the flattest rock surrounding the campfire (or improvise to get the tinfoil as flat as possible and a s close to the fire as possible.
2. Spread enough graham crackers on the tinfoil for each s'more bottom.
3. Place 1-2 squares of chocolate on each cracker.
4. Pull the coals from the fire as close to the tinfoil as reasonably possible to allow for maximum heat on the chocolate. Allow chocolate to melt
5. Meanwhile, roast your mashmallows so they are nice and gooey.
6. Place a marshmallows on the melted chocloate, and add your top graham cracker. YUM!
Oh, and it sort of wrecks the fire when you pull the coals out, but a seasoned camper will easily get it re-assembled and up and blazing again soon!