New to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dilligaf2u2

Assistant Cook
I go camping with The Dear Wife(TDW) or The Girl Friend(TGF) or both. I wonder what size dutch oven I should get for the 3 of us.

I have a set I made, for when I go out alone, that does a good job for one biscuit at a time on my stove. It also works well with coals.

What I need is a dutch oven I can use when we all go out.

What size to you all recommend?

Don

Don, if you go camping with your wife and girlfriend, I'd recommend a DO you wouldn't mind getting hit on the head with.

Welcome to DC!! You are a brave man Don! I can't help you with the DO but in a similar vein to Andy, I would recommend a bigger camping ground!!

I would suggest a 7 quart DO, thats if everyones a big eater:chicken::chicken::chicken: Largest I've seen is 9 quarts. The camp DO's are so heavy I dont buy them- if I cant lift, forget it.

I have known TGF for over 30 years. Her late husband and I used to camp together. After he passed, she had problems with the wolfs (2 legged) in the area. She made up a BF to run them off. One day someone asked her to prove a BF. She called me and I went down to where she worked and she introduced me as her spit swapper. Now the wolfs stay away.

TDW and TGF are best friends. They shop together. They go swimming together 2 times a week and drive me nuts(together). There are times we all go camping together or if TDW is busy, I take TGF! Other times it is the wife that goes. Most often I go alone and TDW and TGF take all my money and have a girls night out!

It is a lot like having 2 wifes. I can not get away with anything. My diet and my smoking and my gear buying is always caught and they both give me heck about it! If one catches me they both know about it and I get it in stereo! But I do have the benefit of eating well! I just don't get the kinds of food that are bad for me! Like Bacon!

Don

Dilliga2u2, first I would suggest you change your online name to Dilly - you sound like a DILLY!

Next, welcome to DC

Lastly, I would take Bilby's suggestion and buy 3 seperate D Os, because 3's a croud. And with 2 women, God help you, you may be out in the cold eating alone.

HAVE FUN!

Back
Top Bottom