Pumpkin Crisp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfgar4

Senior Cook
We had a wonderful Pumpkin Crisp for dessert tonight. It's an easy recipe that really should be considered a dump cake recipe, because everything just gets dumped in. It has pecans on top, and with a nice dollop of Butter Pecan ice cream, it was heavenly! This could easily replace pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin Crisp

1 can pumpkin (about 16 oz)
8 oz evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter

Mix first 5 ingredients, then pour into lightly greased 12 inch Dutch oven. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over mixture.
Bake at 350 F for 1 hour until lightly browned on top. Serve hot with whipped/ice cream or at room temperature, as desired.

Attachments

• Coke Chick10.JPG
    Coke Chick10.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Coke Chick12.JPG
    Coke Chick12.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 173
Pumpkin

I love pumpkin, no matter what time of year it is. I do thank you for sharing and submitting the pictures. It does sound heavenly. And as you said easy. I am always looking for something different than regular desserts, as they refuse to do without them. I tell them about their waistline and in the meantime my waistline expands too. Whenever you have success please be sure to let us know.

Back
Top Bottom