"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Cook

3 Layer Chocolate Oreo Pie

Another easy pie for chocolate lovers. I like to make this pie for 3 reasons; my son loves Oreo's, it's easy to make, making chocolate pies makes people happy.

Ingredients:
2 boxes chocolate Jello instant pudding
milk
1 container of Kool Whip
8 Oreo cookies
1 pre-made Oreo pie shell

Directions:

mix up both boxes of pudding but only use enough milk for one box. The pudding will be thick.

Spoon 1/2 the pudding into the pie shell and spread it evenly.

Mix 1/2 of the container of Kool Whip into the remaining half of the pudding. Don't over mix. It needs to be fluffy. Spoon this into the pie shell on top of the pudding layer and spread evenly.

Crumble the 8 Oreo cookies in with the remaining Kool Whip and mix. Top the pie with it. You can use additional Oreo's as decoration.

You could serve as is or chill it for a couple hours.

Final Step: (This is my favorite part) Lock yourself in the bedroom and eat the whole pie. Tell the family you accidentally dropped it on the floor and the dog licked it all up.

As a bonus, once the Kool Whip container is empty, you've got another salad bowl for your redneck formal dinner ware. My set is almost complete.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I have never found which of the 4 food groups Kool Whip quite fits into, sugar, salty, beer or bacon. I guess the first. However, the containers do work quite well for storing leftovers and the covers are easier to burp, unlike tupperware.

A secret. If you have a Costco, they sell Oreos in a larger size, their only size, box. The cookie rows are individually cello wrapped for freshness, much like girl scout thin mints. A pluss, since one need not eat an entire row or the whole package, in one sitting to ensure they stay crisp until the next snack time.

And about your recipe-- I'd have to slice a banana on top of the chocolate pudding before the next layer goes on top. But that's just me.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I have never found which of the 4 food groups Kool Whip quite fits into, sugar, salty, beer or bacon. I guess the first. However, the containers do work quite well for storing leftovers and the covers are easier to burp, unlike tupperware.

A secret. If you have a Costco, they sell Oreos in a larger size, their only size, box. The cookie rows are individually cello wrapped for freshness, much like girl scout thin mints. A pluss, since one need not eat an entire row or the whole package, in one sitting to ensure they stay crisp until the next snack time.

And about your recipe-- I'd have to slice a banana on top of the chocolate pudding before the next layer goes on top. But that's just me.

Don't get me started on Cool Whip.....
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Cook

Banana with chocolate is awesome.

Years ago I used to buy a pie at the local market that was just sliced bananas and chocolate pudding in a regular pie shell and topped with whipped cream.

FYI, the 4 food groups are beans, bacon, whiskey, and lard. Didn't you watch Disney's "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stinky, I like how you cook!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Cook

I can't do herbs and spices for JACK but I think I'm a dessert savant. The odd thing is, I don't eat a lot of sweets.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

This sounds good, thanks for sharing
Old 06-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Don't get me started on Cool Whip.....
That "C" in cool should stand for Chemicals. I prefer fresh whipped cream. Otherwise the recipe sounds good. And I prefer to make my own pudding. So much richer and more flavorful.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Cook

I made a variation of this pie with peanut butter.

Use 2 oreo pie shells or use Oreo cookies and butter to make your own shell in one 9x9 pan.

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the first layer.

Chop up some mini Reese's PB cups. I used 6 for each pie shell. Sprinkle the pieces over the first layer.

Mix one packet of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix with 1 cup milk. It will be thick. Once it's mixed, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well. Then fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the next layer.

Top the whole thing with crumbled up Oreo cookies.

The PB flavor is very light. Very much like a Nutty Bar.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Sullivan View Post
I made a variation of this pie with peanut butter.

Use 2 oreo pie shells or use Oreo cookies and butter to make your own shell in one 9x9 pan.

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the first layer.

Chop up some mini Reese's PB cups. I used 6 for each pie shell. Sprinkle the pieces over the first layer.

Mix one packet of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix with 1 cup milk. It will be thick. Once it's mixed, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well. Then fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the next layer.

Top the whole thing with crumbled up Oreo cookies.

The PB flavor is very light. Very much like a Nutty Bar.
When you say whipped topping could you please be more specific? Thank you.

Tags
None