Originally Posted by Kylie1969
Hey guys :)
We usually have Lemon Curd Tarts but the other night we saw them make on Masterchef a Baked one...one they put in the oven instead of in the fridge.
Just wondering if anyone had a recipe for me as I cant seem to find any online...they all seem to be unbaked ones
This recipe is from a 1973 Good Housekeeping cookbook. It is my go-to recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie. I love the filling. Great for just plain eating right out of the saucepan.
Make your own pie crust.
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1 Cup sugar
Grated lemon peel of one lemon
½ cup of lemon juice
1½ C. warm water
4 eggs, separated
1 Tbs. butter
1/8 Tsp. salt
- In a medium saucepan stir 1 cup sugar with cornstarch and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Stir in 1½ c. warm water, lemon peel and juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and boils; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, with wire wisk or spoon beat egg yolks, into the yolks, stir small amount of hot sauce. Slowly pour egg mixture back into sauce, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
- Return to low/med heat; cook , stirring, until thickened (do not boil).
- Stir in butter. Allow to cool. Pour into tart shells. Apply meringue.
Use the four egg white to make a meringue.
In a small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites (at room temperature) with ¼ tsp. cream of tarter. Beat until foamy. Gradually add ¾ c. of sugar until mixture forms stiff peaks. Spread meringue to edges of tarts to seal the edges. Bake until golden in color.